Wheel Sizes & Tyre pressures?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Polonut
New
Drives: 2020 Polo Match 1Litre TSI

Wheel Sizes & Tyre pressures?

Post by Polonut »

I have a 2020 Polo.
I notice that whever I need to check tyre pressures - and look online for pressures. All information alludes to 185x65x15 wheels. My car is fitted with 195x55x16 tyres. Was this an option, OR has previous owner fitted alternative wheel / tyres??
I ask because the pressures vary between the two sizes. Were 16" wheels an option when car was new?
Thanks in advance for any help
C
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: Wheel Sizes & Tyre pressures?

Post by SRGTD »

You’ve not said what model / trim level your AW (current shape, pre-facelift) Polo is; 16” wheels with 195/55 R16 tyres were standard on some models. On Polos that came with 15” wheels as standard, the factory fit tyres would have been 185/65 R15 and there may have been an extra cost option to upgrade to 16” alloys - which would’ve had 195/55 R16 tyres - when the car was initially ordered by the first owner.

Your car should have a tyre pressure sticker on the lower section of the car’s ‘B’ pillar (driver’s side) that gives details of VW’s recommended tyre pressures for the wheels/tyre size fitted to your car when it was built. There will be different pressures quoted depending on number of passengers / quantity of luggage carried, and for some models, a ‘comfort’ setting is also quoted.

If for whatever reason, your car doesn’t have a tyre pressure sticker, then maybe another forum member with a pre-facelift Polo that has 16” factory alloys and 195/55 R16 tyres can post up a picture of their tyre pressure sticker in this discussion thread.