Any one ordered the new facelift GTI?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Jamie7971
New
Drives: Polo GTI

Re: Any one ordered the new facelift GTI?

Post by Jamie7971 »

Hi all,

Just an update on my previous post as what I found might help others.

So I had an issue with my music on the USB stick always going back to the first track of the first album. Looking at a Golf forum someone suggested reformatting my USB stick in NTFS as opposed to FAT32. It worked. However, the next issue was that I lost all my album art for the tracks. A bit more digging and it seems the Infotainment system can only recognize images that are sized 400x400. Again really happy as it solved the issue.

In terms of fuel I've started using Shell V Power. Several people on the golf forums have said that basically if someone can afford a performance car they can afford the proper fuel. If I don't use the V Power I've used Tesco Momentum.

Just looking back earlier in the thread and someone mentioned the annoying "Favourites" screen that comes up on the satnav when you put your key in. Was there any solution to getting rid of this without having to swipe it away etc?

Jamie
MikeDO
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI 2022 (white)

Post by MikeDO »

" Was there any solution to getting rid of this without having to swipe it away etc?"

Think this was probably me asking the question. And as far as I know, there is no way round this.

The fuel grade issue is a bit contentious really. Think I've lost count of the number of threads on various motor forums regarding this (for many different make/model of cars).
My take, is that it's not worth the extra money (as there is no proven benefit really). And all grades of fuel contain additives for cleaning etc.
But each to their own and if an individual wants to run a higher octane / premium fuel, then that's fine as far as I'm concerned.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

MikeDO wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 5:15 pm The fuel grade issue is a bit contentious really. Think I've lost count of the number of threads on various motor forums regarding this (for many different make/model of cars).
My take, is that it's not worth the extra money (as there is no proven benefit really). And all grades of fuel contain additives for cleaning etc.
But each to their own and if an individual wants to run a higher octane / premium fuel, then that's fine as far as I'm concerned.
I used to use Tesco Momentum 99 until prices hit stratospheric levels last summer, at which point I switched to ‘normal’ E10 unleaded. I can’t say I’ve noticed any difference in performance or fuel economy so I’ve stuck with the normal unleaded, even though petrol prices have dropped since last summer.

The Polo GTI was designed to run on normal unleaded petrol, and even if there are fewer / different additives in normal unleaded compared to the premium fuels, I’d wager that any potential issues such as carbon build up - if they do happen - won’t manifest themselves until well after the first owner’s typical 3-4 year PCP contact when they’ll no longer own the car, so it’ll be someone else’s problem.

If the additives in premium unleaded are beneficial in helping to reduce carbon build up, then maybe a good compromise would be to fill up with premium unleaded once every 4-5 tankfuls.

Off topic, but petrol-related; I achieved just over 57mpg on a circa 30 mile journey in my GTI+ yesterday. Admittedly I wasn’t driving it like a GTI should be driven 🤣, but then I wasn’t driving like Miss Daisy’s chauffeur Hoke Colburn either - I was going with the flow of the traffic, but I certainly wasn’t focusing on maximising fuel economy. Just goes to show how economical the GTI can be; I rarely used to see 57mpg on that route (which I drive regularly) when I owned diesel VW’s.
MikeDO
Bronze Member
Drives: GTI 2022 (white)

Post by MikeDO »

"Just goes to show how economical the GTI can be; I rarely used to see 57mpg on that route (which I drive regularly) when I owned diesel VW’s."

You can't beat a big torque engine in a small car :)
Mike222
Getting There!
Drives: Polo gti 2023 face lift Reefblue /black

Post by Mike222 »

I have had my 2023 GTI for a couple of weeks now ! ( loving it ! It seems more refined than the 2020 GTI + that preceded it ! )
One question regarding 7 speed DSG , the previous 6 speed only “coasted, in ECO mode . The new one coasts in NORMAL mode !
It’s not a problem for me , I am just wondering if it should do this ?
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

I’ve had two facelift gtis (don’t ask) and both do this. I believe it was a change to help economy.
Mike222
Getting There!
Drives: Polo gti 2023 face lift Reefblue /black

Post by Mike222 »

Thanks, i hoped that was the case.
Mike_
New

Post by Mike_ »

I am eagerly waiting for my facelift GTI to arrive.

It is currently built, but awaiting a ship to take it to Germany. Does anyone have a recent experience of how long this process takes before the car arrives in the UK/at the dealer? I'm trying to schedule ceramic coating and the departure of the old car but the dealer isn't giving anything away on dates (I guess they've been burnt far too many times in the recent past).
Nora
Bronze Member
Drives: A polo

Post by Nora »

If the shipping schedule is anything like that of the earlier Gti’s built in South Africa then it will probably be a 6-7 week delay for sea transit to Germany, then 7-14 days until it hits UK shores, then however long it takes to make it to the final destination
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Mike_ wrote: Mon Jul 31, 2023 7:05 pm I am eagerly waiting for my facelift GTI to arrive.

It is currently built, but awaiting a ship to take it to Germany. Does anyone have a recent experience of how long this process takes before the car arrives in the UK/at the dealer? I'm trying to schedule ceramic coating and the departure of the old car but the dealer isn't giving anything away on dates (I guess they've been burnt far too many times in the recent past).
Nora wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2023 4:40 pm If the shipping schedule is anything like that of the earlier Gti’s built in South Africa then it will probably be a 6-7 week delay for sea transit to Germany, then 7-14 days until it hits UK shores, then however long it takes to make it to the final destination
If the situation at Emden in Germany hasn’t improved, then it might take more than 7-14 days to reach the UK from Germany - see article at the link below;

https://cardealermagazine.co.uk/publish ... log/282757
Mike_
New

Post by Mike_ »

Ah ... a bit an unknown then. As I said I'm not so much bothered about the long wait. It's more the chance it's going to turn up unexpectedly either early or late.
Nora
Bronze Member
Drives: A polo

Post by Nora »

I ordered a new Polo Gti from the dealer at the weekend and tbh I don’t expect to get it before Christmas
Mike_
New

Post by Mike_ »

I ordered 4 months ago and it's just been built. Shipping times ??? As above.
Minimaddad
New
Drives: Ordered new GTI

Post by Minimaddad »

Mike_ wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 3:53 pm I ordered 4 months ago and it's just been built. Shipping times ??? As above.
What build week were you originally given
Mike_
New

Post by Mike_ »

They don't give a build week