VW All In

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Flashredpolo
New
Drives: 2018 AW GTI

VW All In

Post by Flashredpolo »

Recently had an email about Volkswagens summer sale on servicing plans. The VW all in program is being offered for for £28 a month which includes 2x services 2x MOT 2 year roadside and 2 year extended warranty. When I first enquired about the all in program at the dealer they said I can't sign up due to my modified steering wheel. Would it be worth signing up online or could they decline to do any warranty work due to the wheel? They've since changed my DSG gear selector through my normal extended warranty with no questions asked. It seems like good value for money since the regular extended warranty is £40 a month for my car. any thoughts?
grazuncle2
Silver Member
Drives: Polo 1.0 TSI SE 2019

Re: VW All In

Post by grazuncle2 »

I took out a two year servicing plan when i bought my used Polo.

It was definitely a good deal for my situation.. I never used the two free MOTs though. Still a bargain at the time.

If I didn't have an excellent Indy garage locally and independent MOT station I would have gone for it again.. I paid for a separate VW warranty after getting some expensive work covered by the 2 year cover which would have been a hell of a lot more than I paid out.

Go for it if it fits your circumstances.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Flashredpolo wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:57 pm Recently had an email about Volkswagens summer sale on servicing plans. The VW all in program is being offered for for £28 a month which includes 2x services 2x MOT 2 year roadside and 2 year extended warranty. When I first enquired about the all in program at the dealer they said I can't sign up due to my modified steering wheel. Would it be worth signing up online or could they decline to do any warranty work due to the wheel? They've since changed my DSG gear selector through my normal extended warranty with no questions asked. It seems like good value for money since the regular extended warranty is £40 a month for my car. any thoughts?
Flashredpolo wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:57 pm When I first enquired about the all in program at the dealer they said I can't sign up due to my modified steering wheel. Would it be worth signing up online or could they decline to do any warranty work due to the wheel? They've since changed my DSG gear selector through my normal extended warranty with no questions asked. It seems like good value for money since the regular extended warranty is £40 a month for my car. any thoughts?
You could try a different dealer to see if you get the same response. However, there is a ‘modifications’ exclusion in the All-In warranty cover - check out the warranty terms at the link below. The modifications exclusion is exclusion 7 on the eighth page (VW have helpfully not numbered the pages!).

https://customer.vwfs.co.uk/content/dam ... itions.pdf

So whether you sign up online or via a VW dealer, you’ll get the same All-In cover document with a modifications exclusion that would give VW an opportunity to decline warranty claims because of an aftermarket steering wheel.

It would be interesting to get VW’s view on whether a claim for a failed part or component completely unconnected with a non-standard steering wheel (e.g. water pump, air conditioning compressor) would be covered under the All-In product by virtue of the modifications exclusion if the steering wheel couldn’t have caused or contributed to the failure. If their response was there would be no cover, I wonder how that would stand up to a legal challenge? (I’d have expected VW’s legal and compliance teams to have gone through the product wording with a fine toothed comb to ensure it would stand up to such challenges prior to the product being launched).
grazuncle2
Silver Member
Drives: Polo 1.0 TSI SE 2019

Post by grazuncle2 »

makes sense..

I know they can refuse a warranty claim on a part if it is substandard (not VW equivalent) by setting that criteria it would be difficult to say they wouldn't do any other work that IS to standard or even is a VW OEM part.

negate the whole car because of a single infringement? Some owners may not even know a part had been replaced by non OEM.. perhaps as a repair at a local garage you had been taken to after a breakdown/recovery operation?

yes a legal challenge would be interesting.