tint on front windows?

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
golfhappy
New
Drives: mk10 polo gti+

tint on front windows?

Post by golfhappy »

Hi Bought a new Polo gti 3 weeks ago 72 plate. The front windows are unusually dark tint! I've checked and there is no tint(film) on the windows. The previous car 20 plate gti+ had clearish front windows and you could see in the car. I've looked on the configarator and can see no mention of you could order these. Anybody throw any light on this?
golfhappy
New

Re: tint on front windows?

Post by golfhappy »

Old car here https://www.enkaeprestigemotors.co.uk/u ... re-5336226

new car here https://www.enkaeprestigemotors.co.uk/u ... showsold=1

to me the gti+ has a definite clearer front window, the new one kind of blends
Mike222
Getting There!
Drives: Polo gti 2023 face lift Reefblue /black

Post by Mike222 »

If I remember correctly, the legal requirement for front screen and front side glass is that it should permit the passage of 70% light . I think the numbers are on the glass adjacent the manufacturers data . My face lift gti is the same tint as the 2019 GTI + that preceded it . The rears on the new car do appear to be darker than the 2019 car . I think from the factory 60% light passage .
I used to work for the DVSA ( we had a measuring device for checking glass tints . It’s not a testable item for MOT (or it wasn’t then ! ) but we did tests on cars that had been built from kits or imported these had to comply.
golfhappy
New

Post by golfhappy »

Thanks. I've been to the windows front and rear used a white bit of paper behind markings and the fronts are marked which makes sense is 55 and the rear 72.