sounds like a relay click when turning sometimes :)

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
LEEA123
Getting There!
Drives: none

sounds like a relay click when turning sometimes :)

Post by LEEA123 »

So just noticed this today . If i stop at a junction and then turn left or right out of the junction now and again as I turn the steering wheel, I have had a click noise, sounds so much like a relay click, just a single click . I am trying to make it happen on requests so I can try to work it out . Now i am not sure if it could be to do with something with the indicator stork , or indicator relay. Really am guessing at moment . 2022 GTI.

Like I say only every now and again it will do it. I wish it would do it every time so I could just take it and show the dealer. Its only when slow and turning the steering wheel a few turns like turning at a junction . Really sounds like a relay, but how can that be , I will see if I can get it to do it more , but as it seems random I am not sure how to make it happen at moment . And of course I have radio on so would not hear it anyway.

I will try to not use the indicator stork at all and see if it still does it , If it only does it after using the indicators then could be a relay delay issue that may need changing, but am just guessing at moment . I am determined to find it haha :)
grazuncle2
Silver Member
Drives: Polo 1.0 TSI SE 2019

Re: sounds like a relay click when turning sometimes :)

Post by grazuncle2 »

I can imagine how frustrating that can be!

if it helps the indicator cancelling (mechanical) device is at the same wheel orientation/degree (equal either to the right or left depending on a right or left turn) or angle from straight ahead . That said something could be a little loose around that device and that may make it a bit random when occurring.

Also how hard or loosely you pull the steering wheel may have some effect too.

stab in the dark really.. Hope you get an answer quickly
LEEA123
Getting There!
Drives: none

Post by LEEA123 »

A little update to this, I found i can replicate the relay clicking, if not moving and turning the steering wheel left or right, after a certain turn point I get the relay click, Now not doing it all the time, but to me, they are just loud, but why a relay would click, in this situation who knows, maybe they always did, but just got loud

I will work it out and report back
Fernando99
New
Drives: Polo GTI AE

Post by Fernando99 »

Hi, I live down in Australia and my AE model polo gti (2022) is also doing this. It only happens at parking speeds (< 20kmh) and often the sound comes even with just a slight turn of the wheel. I mentioned this to the dealer but they just “adjusted the trim” which did nothing. Cannot hear the sound over music so I am ignoring it for now. Please let me know if you find a fix.