Polo GTI - trip computer and time keeps resetting

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
funkyg
New
Drives: 2020 Polo GTI+

Polo GTI - trip computer and time keeps resetting

Post by funkyg »

I have recently noticed that every now and again the trip computer in my Polo will reset to 0 miles and the clock will rest to 0:00 as if the battery has been disconnected. It’s not every time I drive the car, maybe once a week or once a fortnight.
I had the dealer have a look and they said they installed a firmware update which usually resolves it but in my case it didn’t.
Does anyone have any thoughts on why this is happening? They said to book it in if it happens again which I will, I’m just curious if anyone had experienced this.
It’s not a big deal, just a minor odd thing.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: Polo GTI - trip computer and time keeps resetting

Post by SRGTD »

You’ve not said if your car’s a pre-facelift or facelift model. There’s a couple of discussion threads where this was happening on some forum members’ pre-facelift cars; link below - Ignore the off-topic posts on tyres that have been posted in the first linked discussion thread that don’t seem to be relevant to the trip and clock resetting! 🤣.

I had it happen in my car (pre-facelift 2020 GTI+) around six months after getting the car. It only did it once and it’s never happened again.

https://www.uk-polos.net/viewtopic.php? ... dd34f27ff6

https://www.uk-polos.net/viewtopic.php?p=580369#p580369

It states in some of the posts in the first linked discussion thread that there is a TPI (Technical Product Information) bulletin and a software fix, so VW are aware of the issue. Also, a hard reset / reboot of the infotainment system fixed it for some owners in the second linked discussion thread.
funkyg
New

Post by funkyg »

SRGTD wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 7:23 am You’ve not said if your car’s a pre-facelift or facelift model.
Sorry, it's a 2020 GTI+ like yours. Thanks for the links, I will have a look.
ad_182_uk
Bronze Member
Drives: 19plate AW GTI+ / (9n3 GTI gone)

Post by ad_182_uk »

Mine (69 plate) just randomly loses a few hours sometimes. Weird one.
funkyg
New

Post by funkyg »

Quick follow up. Resetting the infotainment system described in one of the above linked posts ‘seems’ to have fixed this… so far! I’ll keep an eye on it - thanks to SRGTD for the links.