Disable START/STOP system permanently

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
miszelos
New
Drives: Polo 6 AW1 2018

Disable START/STOP system permanently

Post by miszelos »

Hello

Is it possible to permanently disable the start/stop system? If yes, how to do it?
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: Disable START/STOP system permanently

Post by iichel »

Best way is probably to visit a chiptuner
Dark_cze
Silver Member
Drives: AW GTI with MT

Post by Dark_cze »

free way: disconnect connector on one of the battery side (I did that 4 year ago to my GTI and all is fine, except I get one warning everytime I start the car which dissappear few second later)
without software modification: there used to be module that goes between the button and cabel harnes. Which would remember the way you selected the last time. (not entirely sure if it was available for mk6 polo)
with software modification: edit (yourself or with help someone else) the unit software and raise the needed condition to level which is never reachable (like minimum battery voltage to 20V or so)
iichel
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

Dark_cze wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:05 pm free way: disconnect connector on one of the battery side
This is probably the worst way to do it. Your entire energy management for battery charging etc is disabled. Don't do it!
SRGTD
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

I just turn off stop / start each time I start my car’s engine. It’s part of my normal starting procedure and I don’t give it any thought now - it’s become second nature and I just do it. I don’t find it a hardship having to press the stop / start button as it’s right next to my engine start button by the DSG selector lever (my car’s got keyless start).

I didn’t want to permanently disable stop / start as there are occasions when I do use it - e.g. at traffic light controlled road works where the wait times are long, in a queue of stationary traffic that’s going nowhere.
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

I’m same as SRGTD, just part of getting in. Ignition on, start stop off, lane keeping off, start car.
Dark_cze
Silver Member
Drives: AW GTI with MT

Post by Dark_cze »

iichel wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:24 pm This is probably the worst way to do it. Your entire energy management for battery charging etc is disabled. Don't do it!
And yet it works perfectly fine 4 years later.
Harrihealey02
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 SEL

Post by Harrihealey02 »

You know what's really curious? Every single driver, regardless of where they are on this planet, has to deal with shifting gears or giving the accelerator a gentle nudge. It's like a universal truth of driving. So, when we think about the simplicity of pressing a single button – just once, mind you – to turn off the start-stop system, it's almost like getting worked up over having to breathe. I mean, we navigate through our daily routines, tuning the radio, tweaking the thermostat, or selecting our favorite playlist without a second thought. So, why all the hullabaloo when it comes to pressing a button just once? It's a bit like raising a fuss over having to sip water. It's an integral part of the whole experience, no matter where you are in the world. Jokes aside - it’s not really a big deal when you think about it lol just press the button.
miszelos
New

Post by miszelos »

Heh. Why remember another unnecessary activity when you can automate it and forget about it? What will you choose: manual or automatic transmission? Is your light knob in the "0" or AUTO position?
Do you have radio stations memorized or do you search manually every time? After all, it's just one press of a button... :lol:
Harrihealey02
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 SEL

Post by Harrihealey02 »

I was just joking :D

To do what you want it to do, you’ll first need VCDS.

Open VCDS and select the "Select Control Module" button.
Select the "19-CAN Gateway" module.
Click the "Adaptation" button.
From the drop-down channel list, select "(3)-Start/Stopp Batteriespannungsgrenze Start" (Start/stop battery voltage threshold - start).
In the "New value" box, enter a value greater than the current minimum voltage setting (default stored value = 11.8V).
Click the "Do it!" button.
From the drop-down channel list, select "(4)-Start/Stopp Batteriespannungsgrenze Stop" (Start/stop battery voltage threshold - stop).
In the "New value" box, enter the same value as in step 6.
Click the "Do it!" button.
Click the "Save" button to save your changes.
miszelos
New

Post by miszelos »

:)
Great! Thanks a lot!
curlyrambo
New
Drives: polo gti AW

Post by curlyrambo »

lancslad1985 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:41 pm I’m same as SRGTD, just part of getting in. Ignition on, start stop off, lane keeping off, start car.
Exactly same as I do lol 😂