Polo GTI won't retain settings!

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
Lingard
New
Drives: Polo GTI 2023

Polo GTI won't retain settings!

Post by Lingard »

Hi Guys, just got my new polo GTI, 2023 model. My issue is that whenever i start the car the lane assist setting is back on... I want my car to remember the settings from the previous drive.

So i've updated the software,
setup a profile and assigned myself as the primary user
Downloaded the VW app and onboarded myself
setup the IDnow Identification (which supposedly gives me more settings on the VW app).

Anyone else got any experience with this or any ideas what to try?

Also... Anyone had any issues with the USB-c chargers? it may be the actual charger i'm using but i get USBs over current detected in every single port.. i do have another cable i'm going to try later when i'm home, but wondered if this was a comment fault.

Cheers.
Maarten
Silver Member
Drives: AW R-line Facelift MY2022 Vibrant Violet

Re: Polo GTI won't retain settings!

Post by Maarten »

It is programmable through VCDS.
The lane assist defaults after every ignition cycle, so always on at start.

VCDS can be used to program, remember last setting.

Do you use a good original USB-C wire?
Lingard
New

Post by Lingard »

Hi maarten, thanks for the reply.

Can you explain what VCDS is? quick search suggests it's a 3rd party application i assume integrates with my car?

Also, i wouldn't say its a "good" wire, it's a wire that works on every other device, i've got an Anker cable at home i'm going to try, see if it is a cheap crappy wire that's causing it.
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

From what I’ve seen on other forums, switching off Lane Assist is a simple two step process that takes literally a few seconds (I can’t try it in my 2020 GTI+ as my car doesn’t have Lane Assist). This process works on the mk8 Golf so I’m assuming it also works for the facelift Polo GTI.
  • press the button on the end of the indicator stalk.
    IMG_0374.jpeg
    IMG_0374.jpeg (23.07 KiB) Viewed 1275 times
  • the ‘Assist Systems’ menu appears in the middle of the digital dash. I think Lane Assist is the top item in the menu list and is pre-selected. Press ‘OK’ in the centre of the haptic touchpad on the right hand side of the steering wheel to ‘untick’ Lane Assist.
  • Done!
Needs to be done on every ignition cycle, but it’s no real hardship to do as the simple two step process is quick and easy, and IMHO would soon become second nature to do as part of the engine starting process (like switching off stop start is second nature for me 🙂).
Lingard
New

Post by Lingard »

Hey SRGTD, thanks for the visual representation, i'll give it a look this evening, i pray its there!

Cheers
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

Lingard wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:34 pm Hey SRGTD, thanks for the visual representation, i'll give it a look this evening, i pray its there!

Cheers
Hopefully it is 🤞. Please update this discussion thread for the benefit of other forum members once you’ve checked it out.
Lingard
New

Post by Lingard »

Ok, so you were right.

You have to press that button, then press the ok button on the steering wheel.

like you said will take some getting used to but should be come second nature.

Cheers
lancslad1985
Gold Member
Drives: 2020 polo gti plus

Post by lancslad1985 »

SRGTD wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:16 pm From what I’ve seen on other forums, switching off Lane Assist is a simple two step process that takes literally a few seconds (I can’t try it in my 2020 GTI+ as my car doesn’t have Lane Assist). This process works on the mk8 Golf so I’m assuming it also works for the facelift Polo GTI.
  • press the button on the end of the indicator stalk.
    IMG_0374.jpeg
  • the ‘Assist Systems’ menu appears in the middle of the digital dash. I think Lane Assist is the top item in the menu list and is pre-selected. Press ‘OK’ in the centre of the haptic touchpad on the right hand side of the steering wheel to ‘untick’ Lane Assist.
  • Done!
Needs to be done on every ignition cycle, but it’s no real hardship to do as the simple two step process is quick and easy, and IMHO would soon become second nature to do as part of the engine starting process (like switching off stop start is second nature for me 🙂).
That’s exactly how it’s done. I don’t even realise I do it now when I get in the car, it’s become automatic to just turn it off and takes two seconds, if that.

You may be able to program it out if you have the software, but if your car ever went in for service they may just turn it back on as it should come on automatically. It’s like 23 reg cars all have systems that warn you that you’re speeding now…..