BC Coilovers

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
J4EXON8
New
Drives: 2015 Polo 6C GTI

BC Coilovers

Post by J4EXON8 »

Afternoon, is anyone running BC Coilovers specifically the DS series for my 2015 Polo gti. If anyone has any advice on what spec you are running and what spring rate.. Either the 5/2.7 kg/mm or the 8/5 kg/mm and if you have had any issues or wish you went for the harder/softer rate springs. Thanks
Kryton
New
Drives: Ibiza Cupra 6j TFSI

Re: BC Coilovers

Post by Kryton »

It really is down to personal preference & what you are using it for.

I have now gone through 3x sets of coilovers on my ibiza cupra (same platform). Settled on gaz golds & over the moon with them. That said, I am running BC on my TT which I replaced my HR with. I find the BC to be a smoother ride & definitely less crashy than the HR but similar performance to the KW overall (but definitely better build quality) but then not as positive feel as the gaz. If you are after a happy balance between firmness & usability then the bc is the way to go IMHO as excellent bang for your buck & should last you years but if you are going on track days etc then spend more & get a proper setup.

You really need to find someone local to you with the setup as I bought some Teins second hand for another car as the chap fitted them & hated as too firm, I sold them on as thought they were too soft lol. So the person that got them off me was the 3rd owner in under 1000 miles! So bottom line, I could tell you the perfect setup but then you could hate it. Even variables like if you use the car alone, use the car as family wagon, live urban with loads of bumps, rural etc have a huge impact