2012 6R water leak into drivers footwell

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Mark_C0
New
Drives: 2012 Polo 60

2012 6R water leak into drivers footwell

Post by Mark_C0 »

Hello everybody and thank you for accepting me into the group – this is my first post :)

Unfortunately I have gained the job of trying to find the water leak that is filling up the drivers foot well of my sisters 2012 polo. Nowhere else in the car is getting wet and I have traced the water leak to be coming in through two different places inside the car through a welded panel to the right of the accelerator pedal.
It is coming in somewhere under the scuttle panel but I can’t seem to find where. I have removed the wipers, scuttle panel, wiper motor and anything else that was in the way to give me good access, When I spray the entire area with the hose then the water starts to come inside the car but I cannot pinpoint where it is coming through, even if I put the hose in different small areas it doesn’t seem to leak but when I spray the entire area behind the wiper motor then it leaks into the car.

It has the original windscreen still in the car and the water is coming in lower than the windscreen so it is not that. I have checked the air-conditioning drain and that is ok. The car does not have a sunroof either and the car has never been in an accident.

Tomorrow morning I am going to take the wheel arch liner out of it and make sure there is not anything obvious there that I am missing. Even with the hose on full flow, the water drains away easily through the outlet under the wiper motor

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

The water is entering from this area but all looks ok…….
IMG_3462.jpeg
IMG_3462.jpeg (2.17 MiB) Viewed 529 times

This is the 2 places it’s coming into the car, obviously running down the back somewhere.
IMG_3466.jpeg
IMG_3466.jpeg (753.57 KiB) Viewed 529 times
It looks like there should be four screws here but there has never been any in from factory.
IMG_3460.jpeg
IMG_3460.jpeg (2.43 MiB) Viewed 529 times
Thanks in advance!

Mark
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Re: 2012 6R water leak into drivers footwell

Post by ciclo »

Hello Mark.

My 6R 'LHD'.

I have no experience in these matters, sorry.
amer6R
Platinum Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2010 1.6 TDI

Re: 2012 6R water leak into drivers footwell

Post by amer6R »

do you have any blockage behind the inner fender liners preventing the water to drain quickly?