Line output converter

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Jayc
New
Drives: 2007 1.2 polo

Line output converter

Post by Jayc »

Please help anyone I cannot find anything about this anywhere. I’m trying to install an active sub and I need a line output converter due to no rca port in my head unit which I’ve bought can anybody help me wire the converter. I’ve attached a pic of my wiring harness
Attachments
IMG_3311.jpeg
IMG_3311.jpeg (2.32 MiB) Viewed 432 times
giannis20vt
Silver Member
Drives: Polo 6c MY2016 1.0 75Hp

Re: Line output converter

Post by giannis20vt »

The main unit if the Infotainment is in the glove compartment.
There you can find the Quadlock connector.

Take a look at that tread
viewtopic.php?t=62043
Silver Member
Drives: Cross Polo 1.2TSI 2017

Re: Line output converter

Post by 2226 »

Does you sub require a remote turn-on signal or can it work from DC offset (i.e. speaker level inputs and signal sensing)?

I don't think any factory unit has a remote turn-on output, but you might be able to avoid using an LOC if the active sub can take speaker-level inputs.

I was just looking at the Kicker keyLOC today. This little thing is awesome (and awful pricey), but not only does it convert speaker to line level but will produce a remote turn-on signal you can send to the sub.
It is also a DSP and helps defeat the factory EQ. I think these cars have reduced base response tuned in to save the cheap factory speakers. They keyLOC can help correct that. Only 2-channel though, but it will gain back some loss bass signal to feed to your sub.