Rear washer hose routing

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
redart
New
Drives: 2016 Match 90 1.2 TSI 7-speed DSG 5 door

Rear washer hose routing

Post by redart »

Hi,
Seems like I have a common issue with my 2016 Polo 5 door in that the rear washer has started to leak from "somewhere". No water is reaching the nozzle at the high level brake light, and running the pump produces a puddle of water under the nearside rear bumper. So far I have't been able to identify where the leak is. Had a look behind the interior trim (pictured) but could only get it part way off - didn't see any water or even a hose, just wiring. Pulled the rear nearside wheel-arch liner out thinking the pipe might run behind that but nothing there. So, my question is, can anyone confirm if the hose runs behind the interior trim (pictured) and if so, any advice on how best to remove it?. Thanks. (ps. no signs of water in the boot/spare wheel well, and it's not leaking from around the rubber grommet thing - that's just rain)
Attachments
IMG_2683.JPEG
IMG_2683.JPEG (596.03 KiB) Viewed 482 times
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Re: Rear washer hose routing

Post by iichel »

yes it's 'inside' the car. remove the boot lining to find it.
redart
New
Drives: 2016 Match 90 1.2 TSI 7-speed DSG 5 door

Post by redart »

iichel wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2024 12:50 pm yes it's 'inside' the car. remove the boot lining to find it.
I was afraid you were going to say that :roll: :wink: . PITA but job done. Hose had decided to separate at the connector for reasons unknown. Offending article circled for reference.... Thanks for the help.
Attachments
IMG_2686.JPG
IMG_2686.JPG (176.57 KiB) Viewed 427 times
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

cheers, well done, check the connectors for water ingress to avoid any nasty surprises afterwards.