b***b***.co.uk attacking polos

Non-VW related chat - Moderated
metz

Post by metz »

exactly
hayesey
Silver Member

Post by hayesey »

the barryboys website annoys me so I just don't look at it.

Although it's rather annoying that some of the more childish members have knackered hte porka forum which is going to cost Robin, Kam & Andy some money.

as has been said, it's a pisstake website. You can't just go trying to cause some kind of crusade because something you like is thier current subject of abuse.
loud
Gold Member

Post by loud »

well when they take a forum offline for the day it's gonna get taken seriously. Hopefully it'll be back to normal tomorrow or things really will get serious.

Anyway, enough ranting for one day.
rooboy
Silver Member

Post by rooboy »

If people can't take critisism of their car, then don't post it on a public forum. Nuff said.
bstardchild

Post by bstardchild »

loud wrote:i was goin to defend my point further but to be honest, i can't be assed lol..
Good that means you've calmed down a bit and thats good - now breathe slowly
loud wrote:did you know porka was nominated by barryboys as krooze site of the month? Bet you're jealous...hehe.
i thought it was a genuine thing I saw it on the Porka homepage

- so happy to take the award but unhappy when they slag a polo

- bit skitzo isn't that?

Or maybe I've missed something
loud wrote:you all seem to be taking this awfully seriously, I wasn't causing an argument like in the playground or relying on my older brother?! I just thought it would be entertaining to see barryboys flooded with polo drivers proving all the barryboys users wrong whenever they tried to make a point. ....
Taking it seriously - probably - but then again I didn't suggest trying to drag a web site down cos I didn't agree with it opinion or posting contained within it

Entertaining Yeah you could take it over as a new home for Porka if you all joined and what would that prove? One things for sure it wouldn't feel like home :roll:
loud wrote:They also begged for a flooding by practically daring us to try it by making remarks about their bandwidth like "we have plenty :wink: " lol....
Well they would wouldn't they - see previous comments
loud wrote:I hope their volvos and hairdresser cars get keyed.
Oh dear oh dear - see thats the bit that really rubs - I've had cars vandalised (3 to date and most recently my little polo) and the one thing that I love about forums is that it's full of car enthusiasts - now it doesn't matter what you drive, if you like it, cherish it, modify it or even just clean everytime it's dirty - you would be upset if it was damaged - to take enjoyment out of or wish damage to anothers pride and joy is very very sad......
bstardchild

Post by bstardchild »

Speedlaw wrote:Image
Which reminds me Alex - You are truely a man of few words

PMSL at that post - just simple clear and to the point
Gareth_GT_Hatch
Platinum Member

Post by Gareth_GT_Hatch »

How did barryboys bring down the porka site? I spoke to Kam over a week ago and he said they were at 90% of their monthly allocation of bandwidth already. Or has this been going on for longer than I thought?
loud
Gold Member

Post by loud »

i thought it was a genuine thing I saw it on the Porka homepage

- so happy to take the award but unhappy when they slag a polo

- bit skitzo isn't that?

Or maybe I've missed something
it's not the fact they slagged the polo, it's the fact they called it barry when it's not then refused to admit they were wrong when things were pointed out. I'm proud of the award as it was a result of porka.net users going on their site to defend the polo that was posted.
Entertaining Yeah you could take it over as a new home for Porka if you all joined and what would that prove? One things for sure it wouldn't feel like home
it wasn't to take it over, it was to bring it offline.
Oh dear oh dear - see thats the bit that really rubs - I've had cars vandalised (3 to date and most recently my little polo) and the one thing that I love about forums is that it's full of car enthusiasts - now it doesn't matter what you drive, if you like it, cherish it, modify it or even just clean everytime it's dirty - you would be upset if it was damaged - to take enjoyment out of or wish damage to anothers pride and joy is very very sad......
ive had cars vandalised too, and most recently have had my car reversed into by a ROVER DRIVER. So it's in the body shop. I wasn't being serious saying I hope they get keyed, I just wish they would stop thinking they are cool and/or superior just because they are driving cars that should only be driven by pensioners and hairdressers. I suppose it's funny in a way.
carmadaaron
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by carmadaaron »

any pix of Barryed polos? i wold like to c sum...
bstardchild

Post by bstardchild »

loud wrote:I suppose it's funny in a way.
Yeah let it be just that - see you at a show sometime and I hope you get your car back soon - shank's pony sucks :lol:
bstardchild

Post by bstardchild »

carmadaaron wrote:any pix of Barryed polos? i wold like to c sum...
LEAVE IT :wink:
loud
Gold Member

Post by loud »

I'm not sure if I've ever really seen a polo properly barry'd. Just the occasional mark 4 with lexus lights...
carmadaaron

Post by carmadaaron »

neither have i seen a barryed 1.... thats y im asking... :lol:
loud
Gold Member

Post by loud »

cessories.net proved me wrong...

edit: hmm...the host must not allow direct linking of pictures. Right click on the broken images and go to properties then copy the path into ur browser
Last edited by loud on Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carmadaaron

Post by carmadaaron »

cant c it... :(