Anyone know how to obtain a new bonnet latch cable 6Q2283531C. This only fits RHD as the 6Q1283531C is for the LHD only.
Other later models are wrong length or shape at end is different. I have searched as much as I can and it is no longer is stocked anywhere. I don't want a used one as this may cause thes same fault as I had with a previous post I made regarding yellow oil pressure warning lights.
The plastic grommet at end is warn, and this lead eventually to not being able to open the bonnet. I eventually did find a none destructive way how to open.
Bonnet Latch Cable
-
Euler2
- New
- Posts: 21
- Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:07 am
- Drives: 9N 1.4 TDI AMF 2003
- Location: Liverpool
Re: Bonnet Latch Cable
Problem Solved:
Further to my email. I eventually solved my issue in an unusaul way if anyone is interested or has the same issue.
First it is impossible to source a RHD replacement cable. Here is what I had to do.
As the body/shell of car can fit both LHD/RHD, change to LHD, the cable is available for LHD.
Purchase a LHD cable ( as the mechanism at the front has slots for a LHD or a RHD) (ALIEXPRESS is where I sourced mine)
Purchase the plastic handle and mechanism for LHD (AMAZON or EBAY)
Purchase the Plastic trim in footwell for LHD and for both sides (Ebay (second hand) and will be a LHD EURO seller).
I also purchased a Microswitch for the bonnet latch as mine had broken when opening bonnet (Aliexpress).
All working as new.
If anyone wants the VW part codes contact me.
Further to my email. I eventually solved my issue in an unusaul way if anyone is interested or has the same issue.
First it is impossible to source a RHD replacement cable. Here is what I had to do.
As the body/shell of car can fit both LHD/RHD, change to LHD, the cable is available for LHD.
Purchase a LHD cable ( as the mechanism at the front has slots for a LHD or a RHD) (ALIEXPRESS is where I sourced mine)
Purchase the plastic handle and mechanism for LHD (AMAZON or EBAY)
Purchase the Plastic trim in footwell for LHD and for both sides (Ebay (second hand) and will be a LHD EURO seller).
I also purchased a Microswitch for the bonnet latch as mine had broken when opening bonnet (Aliexpress).
All working as new.
If anyone wants the VW part codes contact me.