I need to replace the front dampers as the MOT man previously advised to old "light misting" issue however Im having problems identifying the right part number as its not visible on the dampers on the car. Ive called ZF (Sachs) and quoted the VIN and several other numbers/codes and they tell me the correct part number is 560573 but I gather this is also the number for dampers fitted to non GTI models. Surely this cant be right. VW and aftermarket suppliers aren't helpful unless I commit to buying them . I dont want to go to the rather price Bilstein B6s
Any help would be much appreciated
6c 1.8 GTI front Damper Part Number (non magnetic)
- iichel
- Bling Bling Diamond Member
- Posts: 6693
- Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:14 pm
- Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI
- Location: http://mypassat.nl/
Re: 6c 1.8 GTI front Damper Part Number (non magnetic)
The Sachs 560573 is perfectly usable for a GTI, it's the springs that make the difference.
-
Gee40
- Bronze Member
- Posts: 109
- Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:25 pm
- Drives: 2016 6c GTI (manual), 1982 Mk1Golf GTI
- Location: High Peak Derbyshire
Re: 6c 1.8 GTI front Damper Part Number (non magnetic)
Thanks iichel. I must admit I thought ZF would be right, but was convinced the dampers would need to be uprated to cope with the much stiff springs on the GTI. Ill get the Sachs items ordered
