I have 23 plate gti Polo. For the last few weeks I seem to be getting an almost daily notification that is a software update available on the info system. Getting annoying as the update will only load when vehicle is stationary and engine running - sometimes can run it when stopped at traffic lights!
Surely VW can’t be issuing daily updates? I guess I could reboot the info system but I presume that will mean losing the memory data for the stat nav system and all my various stored destinations? Also the radio stations I guess will need reloading.
Anyone else experiencing this? Any suggestions please about what if anything I can/should do. Vehicle came out of warranty in April when I did purchase the two year extension to the VW ‘data internet’ package (sorry can’t remember the correct name for it!).
Software Updates - keep getting this everyday
-
CricketLover
- New
- Posts: 22
- Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:42 pm
- Drives: Polo gti Facelift. March 2023
- Location: Canterbury
-
CricketLover
- New
- Posts: 22
- Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2021 7:42 pm
- Drives: Polo gti Facelift. March 2023
- Location: Canterbury
Re: Software Updates - keep getting this everyday
I have finally been able to resolve this. By chance I discovered that my info system wasn’t ‘logged in’ to all the relevant VW applications. Once I did this I was able to upload the software update and since then I haven’t been getting a daily notification that had a software update to load.
During my quest to resolve this I even phoned up VW but got nowhere with finding a resolution.
During my quest to resolve this I even phoned up VW but got nowhere with finding a resolution.