No heating in the cabin

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Post Reply
Roninwelsh1
New
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2026 2:47 pm
Drives: Vw Polo GTI 6c 2017
Location: Edinburgh

No heating in the cabin

Post by Roninwelsh1 »

Hi everyone, I have an issue with my gti 6c 2017, when the engine is running i get no heating in the cabin from the A/C, when I turn the engine off but the ignition is still on then hot air comes through the cabin (granted that the engine is hot). Although after driving my car for roughly 30 minutes the cabin starts to get warm air through, still not very hot. No issues with coolant and car gets up to temperature fine which makes me believe that is not a thermostat issue. Also the fact that the hot air comes through after driving and when the ignition is on makes me think it's not an airlock issue. I took it to a garage for a diagnostic and they thought it was the heat control valve/ thermostat valve, which i can get on autodoc P/N 171623, but want some more opinions, any ideas would be great this has been causing me issues for months and need to get it fixed before winter
RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Posts: 6089
Joined: Sat Dec 30, 2006 9:12 pm
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110
Location: Mid Lothian

Re: No heating in the cabin

Post by RUM4MO »

If you took it to a VAG Indie sort of garage for diagnosis, then they would have fully compatible scan tool to check what was being reported as being faulty - and to run BASIC SETTINGS on the cabin air system, ie HVAC - if any of the flap motors were causing a problem, they should have told you which one - in your case it could be a temperature control flap motor that is not moving as it should for some reason.

I've used AVW and Autohaus in the past, but there will be a few others around Edinburgh.

Edit:- I've checked that autodoc part number and as far as I know, these cars do not have a heating/cooling water control valve, "air blending" is the only way that the air temperature is adjusted - and that always uses flap motors in the main "air box".
Post Reply