Cruise Control System

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
woter324
Getting There!

Cruise Control System

Post by woter324 »

CCS WORKS
After 8 months of research, orders etc the damn thing works. Light comes on the dash etc..

Once stag at the minute, the + (Reset) button doesn't work. However I think this may be due to me wiring the diode the wrong way round. Full details to be posted soon.

Total cost £120. Less than the optional extra price in the shop. Probably be able to fit it within a day. (Garaged)

Next job. Multi-function steering wheel from the golf mark 5. Anybody want to borrow me their Golf Mark 5 for a few hours? (If available??)

Thanks
des_pd_ tdi
Gold Member

Post by des_pd_ tdi »

You're getting good at this. :lol:

If you get heated seats installed, then I'll be impressed. I'll then get you to fit some in my car :roll:

Des
woter324
Getting There!

Post by woter324 »

des_pd_ tdi wrote:You're getting good at this. :lol:

If you get heated seats installed, then I'll be impressed. I'll then get you to fit some in my car :roll:

Des
They are all easy to do as long as they are optional extras and you have the tools - VAG-COM.

The heating element fits into existing seats, so all you need to do is take off the covers (Special tool required) then, slide in the heating elements. Wire it in. (only two connections into J519).

Probably be able to do it in a day with not too much difficulty

Most of the components are more or less in kit form.

If you are realy interested in doing this, send me you VIN number via MP and I'll get a quote for the parts.

You don't have leather do you?
logistix
Silver Member

Post by logistix »

would a dealer or a VW garage be able to fit cruise control if i get the necessary parts?
woter324
Getting There!

Re: Cruise Control System

Post by woter324 »

And 5 years later...

I doubt a dealer would retro fit cruise control on a polo as the small platform means taking out the dashboard. They did my old man's GTI Mk V (is it Mk 5 on 57?) in a few hours. I have a sneeking suspision all the wiring is there. Remove airbag, steering wheel and fit the new stalk. Job done. A little more involved with the polo. Besides, when I walked into a Steel-a-ship and asked to buy the CCS stalk, I was told there wasn't one for a Polo. Jobs Worth!!

Rgds

Woter