Windows Desktop pics! (inspired by Tahrey & Krupa)

Non-VW related chat - Moderated
polo69
Bronze Member

Post by polo69 »

mines:

Josh_PoloGTi
Site Admin
Drives: BMW E85 Z4 3.0i

Post by Josh_PoloGTi »

Revis
Getting There!

Post by Revis »

This is mine. A bit messy but i know where evrything is :?
Tahrey1043
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: Birmingham! Enjoys: The pseudo-G-Smiles provided by a 1.6 Megane Sport valver...

Post by Tahrey1043 »

It's time for an icon clearout (and this is after foldering some stuff... using explorer as they overflowed the screen) :D

The ATS cups were the last properly visible wallpaper before it all went haywire, so i havent had reason to change it. Got plenty other perfectly nice wallpapers but right now i'm concentrating on making decent ones for my phone instead, a bit more of a challenge making a worthwhile picture fit inside of 130x130 pixels (yeah, 130 not 128 - wierd siemens thing! got to reconvert all my 128 nokia ones!). After all pretty much any time my computer is sitting not doing anything, where it might be showing a wallpaper or a screensaver, i hit the Standby button instead.

yeah... i tend to use the start menu instead of finding icons (it's just another "save" directory - that firefox inexplicably defaults to... my C:\, C:\My Documents and G:\My Documents are a complete state as well!)

Mind you the start menu isnt much better!
The red box shows what the state of play was last time i bothered to reorganise it :shock: ... the pile of icons atop of "programs" is my take on the recently-used shortcuts thing in XP and works quite well, at least 90% of the stuff I use is there and speeds things up immensely; I should include Firefox there now, but it's the one desktop icon i can reliably find (bottom left - ish).

Reminds me... been ages since I defragged it as well - time to pull norton speed disc out and get the bytes rolling a bit quicker!

(both originally 1024x768, dropped to 640x480 -- and originally desktop1, desktop2, but imageshack seems to rename all "desktop" pics to desktop28 ;))

ooh, looking over that start menu has rediscovered "Drempels" for me --- if you're going to leave your computer sitting, you may as well install this crazy program..
it produces all sorts of swirly whirly moving background patterns for your desktop, of which this is not really a good example because of the colour scheme and it not moving. (but, it's also a complete pig to get a screenshot of, so thats my best attempt)

that My Computer can sprout an extra four Removable Drives on top of that one (my camera) by the way - 2x pen drives, minidisc, and phone (when the right cable is delivered!)... just about got enough letters to go round ;)

PS Si_GTi, I would also love a downloadable of that picture, looks proper nice (gotta pshop it to show redline at 6000 though!)... get thee to the imageshack... provided it's under 1mb JPG!
Si_GTi

Post by Si_GTi »

Due to popular demand:

Enjoy :D
Karl_CLCoupe
Platinum Member

Post by Karl_CLCoupe »

This is mine:

And steve_1990clmk2: Good to find another Maiden fan.

Karl.
dxg

Post by dxg »

Here's my home desktop:
mole
Admin

Post by mole »

Josh, that's badboy.
bstardchild

Post by bstardchild »

This is my work desktop

:lol:
KarlM
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by KarlM »

taken by me @ Clumber Park this summer
GaryUK
Gold Member

Post by GaryUK »

My 2p

This where I am going to go when i retire early!
SpikeyG40

Post by SpikeyG40 »

Karl_CLCoupe wrote:
And steve_1990clmk2: Good to find another Maiden fan.

Karl.
have to agree there! they rock! :twisted:
Si_GTi

Post by Si_GTi »

Groovy what do you use to skin XP? I've got Plus! but its crap for themes, there are very very few available...
GroovyCarrot
Sponsor

Post by GroovyCarrot »

When I took that shot I was using Style XP. At the moment I'm trying StarSkin, but it's rubbish, style xp is a far better option. Take a look on www.themexp.org as well, it's a good site for theming :)
GroovyCarrot
Sponsor

Post by GroovyCarrot »

Mine's changed. Got annoyed with windows so wiped everything and I'm starting again. This is my new desktop: