First pictures of 9n facelift!

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
des_pd_ tdi
Gold Member

Post by des_pd_ tdi »

Also looks like the wing mirrors have been taped up to conceal the wing mirror indicators. The side repeaters look like they've been stuck on the wings, as they don't sit flush.

Are we just talking a body freshen up here or will they be messing round with the interior?

Des
Si_GTi

Post by Si_GTi »

I expect some of the materials and fabrics will be changed for a more upmarket feel - both the Passat and Bora have gone this way, so why not follow suit with the Polo? Found this report from last week's Auto Express:
Exclusive spy images in this week's Auto Express magazine reveal the forthcoming Polo undergoing road testing.

The twin headlamp surrounds in the mag's images are fake; the revised supermini is set to get conventional single-lens units. And as for those outrageous spotlights on the roof, they're more to do with the extreme Scandinavian weather than the options list!

Our spy shots of the car cold-weather testing show just how accurate our exclusive images in issue 813 were. What's more, if you look inside, you will see VW is cutting down on its wage bill. Except for the driver, the other occupants are mannequins - a cheap way of simulating the weight of a fully laden vehicle.

Despite the disguise, it's clear that the Polo's front end will follow the styling of the MkV Golf; the chrome grille has previously been seen on the Concept C roadster. Changes at the rear are less significant, but there are new lights and a smoother tailgate. Modifications inside will be subtle, but expect a revised dash and new materials. The current Polo has been criticised for its sombre cabin, so brighter fabrics will be used. Under the bonnet, the fresh line-up will be powered by the existing 54bhp and 64bhp 1.2-litre petrol units, alongside the current 74bhp 1.4 FSI. And while the 1.4 and 1.9-litre TDI oil-burners will also remain, both will be re-engineered to improve refinement and economy, as well as meet Euro IV emissions regulations.

Following the launch of the all-new Passat at March's Geneva Motor Show, the Polo will be seen for the first time at the Leipzig exhibition in Germany the following month. It will go on sale in the summer. The firm's small-car range will be completed early in 2006 with the Fox, which will replace the Lupo.

Chris Thorp
Source: Auto Express

Cheers
GaryUK
Gold Member

Post by GaryUK »

alongside the current 74bhp 1.4 FSI
Errrr no! Sorry just had to point out the mistake by Auto Express!
dxg

Post by dxg »

A new photoshop has emerged. Obviously built off the 4car shots, but I doubt if the wing mirrors are correct. Also have questions about the lower (under registration plate) grille -- why doesn't the chrome continue down here?

Deek
des_pd_ tdi
Gold Member

Post by des_pd_ tdi »

Photoshop or not I'm liking that.

Des
SiDaBa
Sponsor

Post by SiDaBa »

The only thing i'm really not sure of what so ever is the tail lights! :?
dxg

Post by dxg »

:?
mike w
New

9N Facelift

Post by mike w »

Nelson, do you know if there will be a suspension tweak?
Mine is a 1.4S and the front suspension thumps a lot over transitions in the road surface producing shock induced rattles and creaks in the dashboard.
dxg

Post by dxg »

Was at my dealer today, buying screenwash.

The guy I deal with says July arrival!
(But he did insist it was a totally new car, not a facelift :roll: )

Anyway - three Golf GTI's there - red, silver black (with leather -- nice). Looks best in red, imho, although yet to see the darker silver one.

Deek.
dodge
New

Post by dodge »

I'm liking the pic of the front in that magazine article posted by dxg.

Do we reckon there'll be a GT-spec version at launch? Also, does a July launch look likely?

Trying to decide whether to get the current model or wait for the new one. :?
dxg

Post by dxg »

SiDaBa
Sponsor

Post by SiDaBa »

F*** me where did that come from, i'm not liking it again.

If i'm to get another polo i'll get another of the current shape before it's too late to buy one new :roll: .

Am i assuming that only another photo shop nothing definite dxg?
carmadaaron
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by carmadaaron »

SiDaBa wrote:F*** me where did that come from, i'm not liking it again.

If i'm to get another polo i'll get another of the current shape before it's too late to buy one new :roll: .

Am i assuming that only another photo shop nothing definite dxg?
looks weird, i agree with SiDaBa,
Speedlaw

Post by Speedlaw »

Anything on the arrival date? VW NL says 'Spring', along with the Fox. The new Bora is set to arrive in the Fall.

Pretty curious now, it's VW's third new model this year, with two more to come. Also, VW has a special edition on all its models, with the most goodies thrown in on the Passat and Polo - both on their way out. Must be going sometime soon I reckon.

Edit:

This just in; you can't configure your 'Polo' anymore on VW.de, indicating that they're rebuilding the configurator to accept the facelift and its specifics. A VW CSR has confirmed that you should be able to order the new Polo at the end of the first quarter (meaning, April). This is in Germany, btw. The completely new model is set to arrive in 2008.
lalal
New

some pictures ....

Post by lalal »

Hi I'm french newbie on this forum and looking at this topic I did not this some pictures that could be interesting. I found them on :

http://www.forum-auto.com/sqlforum/sect ... 258546.htm

Hope you do not already have it on an other topic :?

And for this first message I would say this is a really nice forum with a lot of infomation.

Thank you to all for this site.