Logic 900 alarm problem

Discuss In Car Electronics / Electrical Systems - use with caution!
LeanMean
New

Logic 900 alarm problem

Post by LeanMean »

Hi

Ever since I re-soldered on the LED for my Logic 900 alarm, it has been acting strangely.

The doors lock and alarm activates 2 minutes after exiting the car and closing the door/boot/bonnet (annoying when I leave a mate in the car and it locks them in and the alarm goes off).

When I get out of the car and close a door or the boot/bonnet, the hazards flash once (didn't do this before).

The two status LEDs do weird things like both coming on steadily when I open a door when the ignition is off.

I would like to reset the alarm but I don't know how... as far as I know it has a backup battery somewhere but I am worried that if I disconnect the car battery and alarm battery, the alarm will lose the codes for the transmitters.

I don't have VAG-COM (can't afford one) and I just know that the VW dealer will take the shirt off my back if I take it to them to fix. :roll:

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Michael
GaryUK
Gold Member

Re: Logic 900 alarm problem

Post by GaryUK »

LeanMean wrote:The doors lock and alarm activates 2 minutes after exiting the car and closing the door/boot/bonnet (annoying when I leave a mate in the car and it locks them in and the alarm goes off).
I used to have this alarm on my old golf gti,

What you describe above was normal and part of the security so if you ever forgot to lock it would lock itself. The way to get round it is to press the alarm button with the door open so it disables the internal sensors, then you can lock it with someone in it.

If it's still working properly best just to live with it. These alarms are now obsolete and alot of them went wrong so a new alarm should prob be in order.