Track day

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
kenny15
Bronze Member

Track day

Post by kenny15 »

I have got the chance of doing a track day and was wondering if anybody have done one in a standard polo gti and what was is like or would i be better waiting until i drop the car height abit first
cyhliu
Platinum Member

Post by cyhliu »

Nope but would like to...

Just take it easy for a first few runs, get to know the limit of the car, would be a nice idea before you drop the car so that if you did go on another track day after you would be able to appreciate the drop.

I can't imagine it being too fun though on the standar springs, a bit wallowy, make sure tou take some sea sickness tablets beforehand! ha ha ha!
Si_GTi

Post by Si_GTi »

Agreed, take it easy for the first 3 or 4 laps and get to know the track, then have some fun - of course being you're own car you're unlikely to really thrash it, as it is yourself that has to cover the cost of any replacement tyres, brake pads etc...

I've not taken the Polo track racing, so can't tell you how it is, but you should definitely go, track days are great fun :D
ttaw2
Bronze Member

Post by ttaw2 »

http://www.matey-matey.com/trackday-preparation_1.shtml

Good general track day guide - it's written for mk1 & 2 golf owners, but a lot of the points are relevant for all cars.

I'd definately go for it, just remember that it's not about the going fastest (you never will) but the enjoyment of ragging the hell out of your car.