Official UK 9N2 Announcement - with pics!

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
dxg

Official UK 9N2 Announcement - with pics!

Post by dxg »

Finally, VWUK have a statement on the facelift. Here you go:
FIRST PICTURES OF NEW VOLKSWAGEN POLO ARE REVEALED

The new Volkswagen Polo has been unveiled, ahead of its world debut at the Leipzig Motor Show at the start of April. Coinciding with the model’s 30th birthday, the new version features a fresh look to the front and rear, plus new colours and trims. New engine options will also be featured in the range.

Following the forthcoming new Passat, the new Polo will be the second Volkswagen to display the brand’s new ‘face’. The completely redesigned front end features a deep grille, forming the point of a V shape, which continues up through the bonnet to the base of the A-pillars. The new lights are equally imposing, with a trapezoid shape incorporating a subtle circular highlight that cuts into the bumper.

In comparison with its predecessor, the new Polo’s redesigned front extends the length by 19 mm to 3,916 mm. Its width (1,650 mm) and height (1,465 mm) are unchanged from the current model.

The rear of the new Polo has a more dynamic look. Here, the glass emulates the grille with its subtle V shape at the base, while the redesigned tail lights pick up on the front end's circular elements, as well as those of recent Volkswagen models such as the new Passat and Golf Plus.

The new Polo has also been refreshed inside. High-quality fabrics with new patterns are complemented by redesigned instrument graphics and steering wheel designs.

As before, the new Polo offers an unusually large range of engine options to the supermini buyer. Five petrol engines with outputs ranging from 55 PS to 100 PS – including an FSI engine – and four advanced TDI engines with outputs from 70 PS to 130 PS, will be available.

The previous car’s 1.9-litre SDI 64 PS entry-level diesel powerplant is replaced by a development of the highly acclaimed 1.4-litre TDI, boasting 70 PS. The previous 75 PS engine has been superseded by an 80 PS unit, creating two three-cylinder diesel options. The 1.9-litre TDI engines with outputs of 100 PS and 130 PS continue, and all of the new Polo’s diesel units comply with Euro 4 emissions legislation.

The new Polo will be launched in Germany and major Continental European markets at the end of April, with UK sales following in June. Specification levels for the UK, along with prices, will be confirmed nearer to the launch date.
And here are the official pics:

One question -- where has the chrome front grille gone?

I'll put up some enlargements of interesting aspects of these pics in a little while -- be sure to check back!

Deek.
Last edited by dxg on Fri Mar 11, 2005 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dxg

Post by dxg »

Vdubber
Sponsor

Post by Vdubber »

Those mirrors with the indicators should fit the 9N hopefully!!!
Si_GTi

Post by Si_GTi »

Good job IMO 8)
Babe RuthLess
Gold Member

Post by Babe RuthLess »

Awww! You beat me to it!
dxg

Post by dxg »

Babe RuthLess wrote:Awww! You beat me to it!
For once - yeah! But what I can't work out is how vwvortex gets UK press releases before the UK press office release them! It's getting frustrating.

Has anyone noticed the comments about the interior? Not much change there, then. :( The rear view mirror is different and the central sun shade has been lost, but that's all I can make out. In the image with the wing mirror, I think the "something different" in the cubby box region is just a cubby box that's not fully pushed home.

I think If I were to buy one of these, my first mod would be to replace the rear clusters with the ones off the 9N. Just couldn't live with those new ones...

Deek.
SiDaBa
Sponsor

Post by SiDaBa »

I'm undecided whether i regret being impatient now. It's growing on me the 9n2.

Though i do hate the tail lights, and i'm not really one for "mean" looking cars.

However if i stick to thinking about the practical sides i couldn't carry on with my 1.2 and it's unrealiability. However sods law i'll find that if i'd waiting i could have got the 130 diesel engine for cheeper.

Still positive aspects to look at when the 9n2 comes out, new wheels to thieve for an older car, and as mentioned the wing mirrors (if they'll work).
Scorpio1
Gold Member

Post by Scorpio1 »

I’d be interested to see the interior pics actually.

This time round do we get: HID’s, door sills, and rattle free interior‘s? Also the GTI. IS it coming? I do like the look of it, but agree the tail lights are far better on the current 9N.

I should also think that in black and in 3 door guise it will look quite a striking car.

It’s good to read the engines are coming along. Is that side airbags I see, or were they an option before?
Si_GTi

Post by Si_GTi »

Actually I quite like the new rear lights... :) :oops:

The interior remains unchanged in terms of layout, but IIRC the fabrics and dash plastics should be of a better quality. Looking forward to the planned GTi...
M7
Gold Member

Post by M7 »

i like it now! looks smart 8)

may invest in one evtually, but im happy with my 9n for now :lol:
mk3dave
New

detail

Post by mk3dave »

great detailing. anyone else notice the vw in the headlight?
Polo-03
Silver Member

Post by Polo-03 »

:shock: No way I just notice that in the headlight now that is very cute!!! Nice spot there mate! Its the only thing I like about the headlight though!
SiDaBa
Sponsor

Post by SiDaBa »

VW in the headlight can be found on the new Golf's, though they weren't put in from the start. I noticed this in a GTI when they came out. I now notice they're in more new Golf's, not model specific either.
des_pd_ tdi
Gold Member

Post by des_pd_ tdi »

Yep, looking good.

From seeing curtain airbags in the picture I'm sure VW will use this safety feature to sell the car. I expect you'll get 6 airbags and ESP as standard, they were options on the 9n but I don't know anyone that actually ordered a car with them as they were pricey.

Also expect this to be a five star euro ncap Polo, along with a small price increase.

Lets see what the GTi/GTDi offering is like!

Des
des_pd_ tdi
Gold Member

Post by des_pd_ tdi »

Well I found out the updated model gets the 'coming home' function from the Golf.

When I say I found out I mean read on the German VW site. If someone else here is fluent there's probably more information to be found.

Des