Who is it? (MSN)

Non-VW related chat - Moderated
Tahrey1043
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: Birmingham! Enjoys: The pseudo-G-Smiles provided by a 1.6 Megane Sport valver...

Who is it? (MSN)

Post by Tahrey1043 »

I've been getting daily requests from "Sexy_Sasy_Cutie" to join my contact list....... obviously with a name like that I'm being a bit wary and hitting the cancel button. It's pretty much a cert that whoever sent it out got the number either from here or from porka........ or is spam.......

before i make a long-overdue visit to the pigsty :) is it anyone off here?
metz

Post by metz »

Its not me..i'm not sasy.
GroovyCarrot
Sponsor

Post by GroovyCarrot »

Accept it, if they start spamming you or trying to send you rubbish then block them again.. no harm done in the long run :)
13twelve
Gold Member

Post by 13twelve »

i'd accept it
hayesey
Silver Member

Post by hayesey »

it's probably a virus. I wouldn't accept it.
carmadaaron

Post by carmadaaron »

hayesey wrote:it's probably a virus. I wouldn't accept it.

quite a few going about lately, my mate was a victim of this last month
polo-vixen
Getting There!

Post by polo-vixen »

oi it me, and i wanted to add to msn to ask u for somefink

thanx, nice to know im a virus!
wul3er
Gold Member

Post by wul3er »

Polo-vixen wrote:oi it me, and i wanted to add to msn to ask u for somefink

thanx, nice to know im a virus!
Add me :wink:
GroovyCarrot
Sponsor

Post by GroovyCarrot »

Different address to the one I've got for you.. doesn't that get confusing? :lol:
Tahrey1043
Location: Birmingham! Enjoys: The pseudo-G-Smiles provided by a 1.6 Megane Sport valver...

Post by Tahrey1043 »

sorry vicks - i'll accept next time it pops up

make it a bit more of an obvious name than "sexy little b***h, a present from the (6) to mankind" (or whatever it was!) next time though! :) or drop a PM...

hehe ok thanks
13twelve
Gold Member

Post by 13twelve »

a virus cant hit your machine by accpeting someone to join your msn contact list...

you would have to accept an exe, vbs or scr file from someone in your contact list, then when you recieve the file, double click to run it.

its like those tosspots who think if "bill" phones your mobile, its a virus and will corrupt it and belive its true simply because they read in the email some toss they never heard claims it happened to their brother/mum/ferret.

grr.
hayesey
Silver Member

Post by hayesey »

13twelve wrote:a virus cant hit your machine by accpeting someone to join your msn contact list...

you would have to accept an exe, vbs or scr file from someone in your contact list, then when you recieve the file, double click to run it.

its like those tosspots who think if "bill" phones your mobile, its a virus and will corrupt it and belive its true simply because they read in the email some toss they never heard claims it happened to their brother/mum/ferret.

grr.
unfortunately, there are plenty of bugs & loopholes in MSN Messenger that can allow code to be executed on your PC without you knowing about it. Yes you have to accept a file in any that I've seen/read about on proper virus update sites (such as Symantec's website) but this can be something as seemly harmless as a GIF image file.

The mobile phone thing is b*******s though, although what usually happens is that people return the call to see who is was & then get billed stupid amounts. Can all be avoided with a bit of common sense. Firstly I ignore any usernames like "Sexy_Sasy_Cutie". I'm not saying you are a virus :lol: but the people who write these viri use names that because blokes are more likely to accept it. :lol:
polo-vixen
Getting There!

Post by polo-vixen »

Nah i have loads of msn addy but thats me new one, as me other one, was full of dick head!

But thats ok ill change me name just for u, so that u know thats me!

x
13twelve
Gold Member

Post by 13twelve »

confused now

looked at the profile for polo-vixen, tahrey called her vicks (which I assumed is short for Victoria) but the uk-polos profile links to a site for a Jemma Newton (www.rl-music.com/jemma/index.html - lol NSFW as i just found out)

eh?
GroovyCarrot
Sponsor

Post by GroovyCarrot »

Polo-Vixen.. Vicks.. note similarity ;)