cheap ignition leads

Chat about your MKIII (86C) inc GT/G40 Polo
lord_sharpy
Bronze Member

cheap ignition leads

Post by lord_sharpy »

just been to my local motorworld in hinckley, needed some new leads. he rang his supplier and i got a set of champion triple silicone leads for £9.99 all 5 leads. how good is that, they arent the tailor made set but are listed next to the gt in the champion catalogue, so they will definately fit, worth a try if you need some!
heartagram
Bronze Member

Post by heartagram »

hope you have better luck with them than I did!
LogIK
Silver Member

Post by LogIK »

Those Champion leads are really meant to be sh*t.

I think it was Paul who was saying they didn't even fit over the plugs properly.
ste mk1lx
Silver Member

Post by ste mk1lx »

if you've got standard VW leads on at the moment the champion ones won't fit the plugs due to the lead ends being different, you'll have to buy the spark plug end caps unless you kept them.
hardhitter

Post by hardhitter »

best ones are the oe type with metal shield ends. get the beru ones from GSF for a good price and oe quality
hayesey
Silver Member

Post by hayesey »

NOOOOOOOO! don't buy them!! They're the worst leads known to man.

you'd be better off going to a scrapyard & finding a 2nd hand set of VAG leads in there, seriously!

A mate of mine bought a GT not long ago which had some running issues. The previous owner had obviously tried fixing it on the cheap & had fitted some champion leads. They are so badly made & flimsey you couldn't even push them onto the spark plugs properly. The first thing I did was throw them in the bin for an old set I had off my G40.

Get some Beru ones from German&Swedish - about £30.