1.9 SDI engine management warning light!!

Discuss In Car Electronics / Electrical Systems - use with caution!
zahir_213
Silver Member

1.9 SDI engine management warning light!!

Post by zahir_213 »

Hi all, happy new year to everyone on here.
Was driving my car last night(MK5 Polo SDI) and all of a sudden the coil light u get on Diesel cars, started flashing. So I pulled over to check the manual and it says that means its registering a fault with the engine management system. Funny thing was the car felt normal to me. So I carried on driving home and checked it out there. After starting the engine about 20-30 seconds later, the light starts flashing. My dad checked the engine over and couldnt see anything obviously wrong with it.

So I thought the only way to sort it out is to take it to VW. However, I didnt fancy paying stupid prices for them to turn the light off and say its all ok. I have AA cover and thought I might aswell ring them. But because I dont have the homestart service, I drove to my mates house. By the time I had got there the light had gone out!?!

The car still feels fine and the light has gone out? Does anyone have any idea of what it could be?

Also where could I get the diagnostics thing checked out properly other than VW ? Anyone on here got the kit?

Cheers

Zahir
surreylad1980
New

light on sdi

Post by surreylad1980 »

hi i think u may be talking about the glow plug light is it an orange one, if it is some times it can mean the brake light is faulty, some vw and audi's work light this where do u live
zahir_213
Silver Member

Post by zahir_213 »

yeh its the orange glow plug light. Its gone off now hasnt come back on for a while. I live in Leicester but Im at Loughborough Uni so im mostly in Loughborough.
naj131
New

flashing glow plug

Post by naj131 »

Hi

Did you find any solution to this?

Just had this happen on my 02 Polo. Only had it a week. Light was flashing yesterday, but come today, no flashing light