Stealth Bomber lands in Thetford

Non-VW related chat - Moderated
bstardchild

Stealth Bomber lands in Thetford

Post by bstardchild »

Not a Polo and Not even a VW - this is my track day toy

Well I've had these wheels for years - they used to be on my Senator A and after that on my first GSE (anthracite - Auto) and were silver with polished highlights...... Just never struck on the colour or the polished rims

Had a set of compomotive 5 spokes on the car for a while - colour coded to the car - but hated the rounded spokes - didn't look right against the sharp lines of the Monza shape so flogged them on and went back to std.....

Finally got round to getting them refurbed last week and got the tyres swapped today :lol:

And I thought I'd do summut different with em - going for the stealth bomber effect :lol:

Before

After

And a piccy of just a wheel cos I'm no David Baily and it wasn't the best light for a photo shoot

What do you think - the car please or more importantly the choice of colour for the wheel - cos Dubpolo's BBS centres are being done at the same place - not my ability to take pictures please
Tahrey1043
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: Birmingham! Enjoys: The pseudo-G-Smiles provided by a 1.6 Megane Sport valver...

Post by Tahrey1043 »

think it was better with the silver rims just for that little splash of contrast, but it still looks dark and moody and cool with these ones :)

then again im not the best judge cuz i've never been a big fan of all-black wheels!
dubpolo
Sponsor

Post by dubpolo »

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm black wheels!

cool, very street sleeper. i'ed polish the rim tho
bstardchild

Post by bstardchild »

dubpolo wrote:mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm black wheels!

cool, very street sleeper. i'ed polish the rim tho
I spent a week polishing up the rims to a mirror finish - hand painted one wheel all black and hand painted another polished one in black leaving the polished rim alone

Fitted them to the car with no tyres on one side and made my decision

told the guy to blast em all undoing all my polishing work and do the whole wheel black

Unlike splities - if you want a powder coating you can't have a neat line to run a polished edge up to - it polished and wet paint or all powder :roll:
polopowah
Location: Hertfordshire Drives: Ford Puma 1.7 Enjoys: Mowing grass

Post by polopowah »

preferred them before! but if your happy then thats ok :)
-Ben-
Gareth_GT_Hatch
Platinum Member

Post by Gareth_GT_Hatch »

Yeah Im in agreement with the majority Ian. The silver rim ones look really nice!
bstardchild

Post by bstardchild »

Gareth_GT_Hatch wrote:Yeah Im in agreement with the majority Ian. The silver rim ones look really nice!
Yeah but every damn GSE has those wheels in the same colours - it's boring :wink:

Besides there is a 10mm ET difference and these ones fill the arches :lol:

See what I mean :lol:

I stick white wall tyres on it I think :wink:
dubpolo
Sponsor

Post by dubpolo »

is that you?? nice pants! :wink:
Babe RuthLess
Gold Member

Post by Babe RuthLess »

If Darth Vader ever wanted a car, that would be it.

(that's quite a compliment!)

Looks cool mate.

Though a "Monza" for me is a quite different animal:

In fact the whole mk.III Ascona/mk.??? Cavalier (two, three and four doors) were called Chevrolet Monzas. This three-door is exclusive to Brazil and I have to say its styling was probably inspired by the rear-wheel-drive Opel you've shown us... One interesting fact about the Chevy Monza is that it was Brazil's absolute best-seller in the mid-1980s, until the cheaper Volkswagen Gol took over in 1987. It has remained the best-seller ever since thanks to plummeting income levels. In a sense, I think we deserved the "drop" - I mean, just when the country had some disposable income, we wasted it with Chevrolets! No no no. (sorry, I'm a VW-owning Ford man).
Tahrey1043
Location: Birmingham! Enjoys: The pseudo-G-Smiles provided by a 1.6 Megane Sport valver...

Post by Tahrey1043 »

looks just the same to me?!

hey... if chevy (GM..) are making the daewoos now - does this mean it's come full circle?
after all they started out making vaux astra / pontiac le-mans (gm brands..) rip offs...
Babe RuthLess
Gold Member

Post by Babe RuthLess »

Tahrey1043 wrote:looks just the same to me?!

hey... if chevy (GM..) are making the daewoos now - does this mean it's come full circle?
after all they started out making vaux astra / pontiac le-mans (gm brands..) rip offs...
That goes to show the mess GM is in.

Though Daewoo-based Chevrolets are for Europe. We in the Americas (except the USA and Canada) get Opels re-badged as Chevys.
Tahrey1043

Post by Tahrey1043 »

i wonder what korea gets then?
hayesey
Silver Member

Post by hayesey »

I like the all-black wheels. 8) Stealthy.
Babe RuthLess
Gold Member

Post by Babe RuthLess »

Tahrey1043 wrote:i wonder what korea gets then?
Hehehehe

I hear the Australian Omega (Holden Commodore) is sold there with a Daewoo badge...