Light Spraying

Detailing & Bodywork
Randall
Gold Member

Light Spraying

Post by Randall »

Hi All,

I need some help and advice...

Im looking into spraying my rear lens on my 6n2 polo, i wanted to spray them the same color as the car. Ive seen this on other show cars but has any on here done this? if so i supose you couldnt give me some tips please as im not 100% sure whether this would go to plan or not

Ive tinted rear lens before but never really color coded them with original spray paint

Cheers n look forward to hearing from ya

Rich :D
cyhliu
Platinum Member

Post by cyhliu »

When you say the same colour as your car I assume you mean colour code them? not simply tinting them? Well, if you want to colour code them I believe you will need to thin down the paint with clear lacquer and then spray over the lenses, probably with an airbrush or similar...if not sure then take them to a bodyshop that know what they are doing...it will probably be wirth the money if they know what they are doing...I've seen some blinding colour coding of rear lenses in the past...nice touch. Good luck.
Randall
Gold Member

Post by Randall »

cheers cyhliu thats spot on...exactly whati was talking about ;)

thanks for ya help

Rich
PhilGTi
Platinum Member

Post by PhilGTi »

Ive seen a mate do this, what he did was:

Spray them with a light coat, allow them to dry then do another coat. Only use enough spray until they seem to be fully painted, not heavily tho!!

Then take some T cut and T cut them until the layer is so fine you can see all your lights.