Gti Air Filter Options?

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
NMavs
Gold Member

Re: Gti Air Filter Options?

Post by NMavs »

Heres a pic of my setup on my old gti

Worked a treat along with the froge 007p valve :D I miss the noise :(
lukey GTI
Silver Member

Post by lukey GTI »

what cone is that ? NMAVS
bfc1882
Getting There!

Post by bfc1882 »

Got my Jetex filter from badger 5 just give him a tinkle and he will send it out for you. They do sound awesome and he knows the correct one you need. Make sure you remove the sound deadening.
NMavs
Gold Member

Post by NMavs »

Its a Jetex pal. From Badger 5. Ive still got it in the garage with the blue pipercross oil breather filter. If anyones interested, £30 delievered for both :-)
scotty733
Getting There!

Post by scotty733 »

Meeee ill take them now! pm me ;)
noone025
Bronze Member

Post by noone025 »

I recently went from the PD160 to a good pod in the airbox. I'm in Australia BTW, so different ambient temps, etc. Its about 20-25 deg here now.

Positive changes, but the added heat does not take long to do its damage. the argument around letting the intercooler do its job just makes me think of the difference between driving around when its 10deg or 30deg.

The pod in the stock bottom of the airbox does little to suck air down the original channel. Its more likely to suck air from the engine area. I tried a heat shiled sitting around the pod and into the airbox, better, but still too much heat.

The plan is to change the battery as the stock one is due to die, replace it with a smaller one near the back of the stock airbox location and pull air from near the passenger foglight area.

IMO if its sucking ANY engine bay air, its probably less efficient than the stock box with the PD160.

If I get there, I'll put up some info, or come visit the active Polo community at the VWW Polo section...