I'm sure VW's had speakers in the back...

Discuss In Car Entertainment
Josh_PoloGTi
Site Admin
Drives: BMW E85 Z4 3.0i

Post by Josh_PoloGTi »

Here Here!

Firstly, if you've got a Beta head unit, you're not getting any rear speakers unless you change your head unit.

Secondly, if your car hasn't got any grilles in the back, then you won't be able to fit any rear speakers in the sides of the car unless you get your jigsaw out and cut holes for them.

Thirdly, putting speakers on the parcel shelf (6x9's or other) takes the soundstage far too much to the rear as Robo-Toda and I have already said.

I've never had any problems with back seat passengers complaining when they're in the car (apart from asking me to turn it down a little maybe!!!) and that's with my front components amped and an amped sub in the boot.

I've done it all before and this is what's worked best for me.
Robo-Toda
New

Post by Robo-Toda »

The other thing to bear in mind,is that the crims know what a stealth shelf looks like,and they are as much of an invitation,as 6x9's fitted to a standard shelf.
jon_poloV
Sponsor

parcel shelf.

Post by jon_poloV »

i recon that stealth shelfs are much better if you original parcle shelf rattles to pieces!
i personally love having 6'9's in the bac
jon
KarlM
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by KarlM »

The only reason I had some speakers fitted to the rear of my car was for shows. they really cock up the soundstage as all the sound is at the rear of the car which is great when at a show and you've got your system on show but not so great for day to day driving. in the end i disconnected them and just used them at shows.
kapur
Silver Member

Post by kapur »

But... why don't you use the set up built into the system, which allows you to move the balance to the front rather than f'in up the sound-stage?