My 6N, Dutch style of course

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
JarnoVWPolo6N
Gold Member

Post by JarnoVWPolo6N »

On friday I'm gonna check out a new bonnet which is for sale, with a welded on iron bad-boy look, can get it for a decent offer, here's 2 pics I got from the seller:

It's already primed and ready to spraypaint

Looks sweet doesn't it :twisted:
helios1
Bronze Member

Post by helios1 »

yeah man looks great!
Your car a 1.3L from 1995? Memory red pearl paint?
Same as mine! :D
JarnoVWPolo6N
Gold Member

Post by JarnoVWPolo6N »

helios1 wrote:yeah man looks great!
Your car a 1.3L from 1995? Memory red pearl paint?
Same as mine! :D
Jep, memory red Pearl it is! As far as I know I'm the only person in a memory red pearl 6N in Holland who's done something to his ride :D

do you always love the way the colour just flips a little in the sun 8) :lol:
helios1
Bronze Member

Post by helios1 »

yeah pearl effect is the best. just a bummer when you want to respray scratches and such, as i found out earlier this summer....
JarnoVWPolo6N
Gold Member

Post by JarnoVWPolo6N »

Just a couple of months ago I bought a second inletmanifold+throttlebody etc. from a mate of mine, who had the same 1.3spi engine.
The plan was/is to 'optimize' it a bit, or better said to try to get some more troque and power out of the bastard, dut didn't get around to it.

Made couple of days ago I just felt like getting started, so ran into the shed and disassembled the whole thing and cleaned it a bit for starters, here some pics:

The whole thing together:

Everything taken apart and cleaned inletmanifold:

A picture of the diamtetre of the manifold, which I'm going to try to widen as much as possible :twisted: :

I'll keep photografing any progress, but since all this stuff is 'extra' I can still drive around, and I've got all winter to f**k around with it, so I'll be taking my time. But I'll keep you'll posted.
helios1
Bronze Member

Post by helios1 »

Good stuff you crazy dutch bastard! :lol:

How do you plan on widening the in;et manifold? wouldn't it be easier to make a wider one?
What else you planning on doing to it apart from increaseing inlet pipe diameter?
JarnoVWPolo6N
Gold Member

Post by JarnoVWPolo6N »

helios1 wrote:Good stuff you crazy dutch bastard! :lol:

How do you plan on widening the in;et manifold? wouldn't it be easier to make a wider one?
What else you planning on doing to it apart from increaseing inlet pipe diameter?
What I want to do with the inlet:
-widening inlet piping (I'm use a Dremel to do this)
-flowing and polishing the injectorhousing (already started, using a regular file for this job)
-flowing and polishig the throttle-housing (same as injector-housing, with a file)
-installing a 1600cc spi injector

the assemble it all again :roll:

Already installed my fuel-pressure regulator yesterday:

It's the aluminum thingy :lol: instead of 1 Bar of pressure, I've now got 2,5 Bar, which is really noticeble when putting the pedal to the metal in low RPM's (quicker responce to the gas) and after 3250 RPM (lil' faster and far smoother acceleration than before)

Furthermore I've bought a new 'item' yesterday, the balck plastic thing in the red circle:

This is from a Golf 3 with a 1800spi engine. Fits richt onto my own spi injectorhouse/throttlebody, so now I can make a ram-air system, with doesn't take in as much hot air as my K&N 57i filter does.
helios1
Bronze Member

Post by helios1 »

where'd you get the fuel pressure regulator? Looks pretty simple, how easy was it to install?
JarnoVWPolo6N
Gold Member

Post by JarnoVWPolo6N »

helios1 wrote:where'd you get the fuel pressure regulator? Looks pretty simple, how easy was it to install?
every noob can do this mod, it's really simple. Just took me 10 minutes to install! Just take of you airfilter, screw of your old pressure regulator (3 Torx 15 screws, and watch out your old pressure regulator doesn't pop-off, cause there's a lil' spring underneith) put on the new regulator, screw it on again, adjust your pressure as wanted, put your airfilterback on, start your engine, and take it for a spin. :D
as easy as that!

And got mine form German Ebay, cost me about 60 euro incl. shipment.

Just search on germen ebay with the word 'benzindruckregler', some german is selling these from time to time, so keep your eyes open!
jezmk4
Silver Member

Post by jezmk4 »

Hello Jarno

Do you know of a another dutch (i think?) polo owner

with a 6N the same colour as you, with Borbet T alloy wheels that are colour coded?
JarnoVWPolo6N
Gold Member

Post by JarnoVWPolo6N »

jezmk4 wrote:Hello Jarno

Do you know of a another dutch (i think?) polo owner

with a 6N the same colour as you, with Borbet T alloy wheels that are colour coded?
I think your talkin' 'bout this 6N?:

Talked to the owner of this Polo a couple of times, this Polo is to fuckin' amazingly wicked! :shock:

But to answer your question: yes, I do know of his excistence :lol:
jezmk4
Silver Member

Post by jezmk4 »

YES!!!

thats the one!!!

i Parked up next to him At 14th VW Mania in Belgium

Really Decent bloke, an Really pimp car!!

he asked me to come to some tuning show he was advertising in holland, but i couldnt come due to commitments elsewhere,

does he go on any internet forums?
JarnoVWPolo6N
Gold Member

Post by JarnoVWPolo6N »

jezmk4 wrote:YES!!!
does he go on any internet forums?
No, not that I know of. His name is Merijn Pijnen. He's been in every major Dutch tuner-mag, every Major Dutch tuning show, and he's been selected (well, his Polo was selected) to 'star' in a video of some Dutch R&B biatch
Hans
New

Post by Hans »

He just installed alcantara on the roof! (outside!!!) 8)
JarnoVWPolo6N
Gold Member

Post by JarnoVWPolo6N »

Hans wrote:He just installed alcantara on the roof! (outside!!!) 8)
for real Hans? Hopefully he'll never get surprised by rain while driving :shock:
then he's really ficked (propper f****d? :lol: sorry for this, just love "Snatch" :lol: )