Diiiiirty

Non-VW related chat - Moderated
Si_GTi

Post by Si_GTi »

carmadaaron wrote:looks like u used the windscreen washers plenty of times!
Yeah, its been those kind of conditions today, where all the muck of the roads is kicked up by the car in front and the bonnet and 'screen get plastered :?

I actually ran out of screenwash a short distance from home :oops:
Tahrey1043
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: Birmingham! Enjoys: The pseudo-G-Smiles provided by a 1.6 Megane Sport valver...

Post by Tahrey1043 »

funny how dirt doesnt photograph well isn't it! must be something to do with your eyes focussing differently to a camera lens (and being 3D!)

my two best ones of late... apologise for bigulationess
Lost somewhere near preston... trying to get to birmingham... from notts..
In real life the un-wiped part of the rear window was more-or-less opaque

later on after getting back, starting on the aerial

It's been washed since (well, halfheartedly rinsed) and is STILL dirty

is it any wonder the rust is coming back? :D ew!

stupid vauxhall putting only a "2 quart" (US) washer bottle in their cars BTW - i've run the astra dry twice in less time than it would take the polo to do it once - which hits home particularly hard in these horrible conditions
LJ_87
Getting There!

Post by LJ_87 »

nice parking :D
carmadaaron

Post by carmadaaron »

LJ_87 wrote:nice parking :D
:lol:
13twelve
Gold Member

Post by 13twelve »

what is that white crap thats all over the windscreen at this time of year anyways?

always wonderd that

i drove from manchester to carlisle yesturday and ran out of water a mere 20 miles from the next services... now that was fun
carmadaaron

Post by carmadaaron »

shuld top up freq. its illegal not to have screen wash!
13twelve
Gold Member

Post by 13twelve »

i eventually came off the motorway, searched in vane for a petrol station so bought a bottle of water from a shop and used that

this morning i went into my boot and discovered a bottle of water i'd filled up from my tap as my "in case i run out" precaution

why didnt i look in the bloody boot? balls
carmadaaron

Post by carmadaaron »

sure u dont have a leak sumwhere?
seems like u run out really quickly
13twelve
Gold Member

Post by 13twelve »

never thought of that

will investigate!
Tahrey1043
Location: Birmingham! Enjoys: The pseudo-G-Smiles provided by a 1.6 Megane Sport valver...

Post by Tahrey1043 »

nice parking
funny, i thought that at the time as well :D
but i'd got an aching desire for the lav so i just slapped it into a space and ran inside... helped that the corsa to the left was typically badly parked too so it fitted right in and didnt notice til i came out!

calm down dear it's only a photograph i'm really a very good parker etc etc :lol: :lol:

can't beleive no-one clocked on to the jumper hanging out of the door in the second pic btw.. only just spotted that meself!

yeah... the bottle of drink from the shop thing... done that before as well... though i bought some fizzy pop, drank it, then filled it from the toilets instead :D

i'm carrying a (de-labelled) 2-litre pop bottle of ready-mixed stuff in the boot of the new motor from now on though... 1.9L tank is a joke.
13twelve
Gold Member

Post by 13twelve »

my bottle of pop with screen wash in the boots not de-labelled. i went for nu-skool stylez and left the pepsi label on :lol:
Tahrey1043

Post by Tahrey1043 »

i just decided it would be best to do that in case some retard (such as one of my little cousins) found it and thought it was blue raspberry or something. without the cola label it looks a little more sinister and less fizzy.

(that retard almost being me when i drained the old coolant off into a couple of 'em still with labels on.... looks brown, check, smells sweet, yep... hang on... doesnt look fizzy... and i remember doing *something* to the car here earlier :D)
13twelve
Gold Member

Post by 13twelve »

a taste sensation?
Tahrey1043

Post by Tahrey1043 »

luckily i stopped in time and thought it best to immediately tip it down the drain

i mean

where in the heck recycles it anyway?