Diiiiirty

Non-VW related chat - Moderated
Tahrey1043
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: Birmingham! Enjoys: The pseudo-G-Smiles provided by a 1.6 Megane Sport valver...

Diiiiirty

Post by Tahrey1043 »

Whats the dirrrrrrrrtyiest you've ever got your car?
I think i've hit a new low this week, I'll have to take some pics in the best light i can get before washing the living daylights out, on and off of it.

You can't properly tell what colour it originally was any more, and it's well into that zone where the windscreen and rear window now seem a different shape.

But still theres a fair bit of marinblau showing through, and the screens aren't totally obscured. someone must be dirtier here :)
(optima i know you just shined your rat up!)
bstardchild

Post by bstardchild »

I followed the RAC Rally of GB in a "white" Carlton in 1989 when it was a proper rally went round the country instead of being bolted down in Wales (*spits - I can't believe we have to pay to get in) And after 4 days the only bit of white visible was on the roof and it was where I put a cup of tea on it......

We slept in the car for 3 nights so the inside was pretty minging too

In fact it was sooooo cold one night I started the engine up at 4am and by 6am (full heat for 2 hrs) the windows were still frozen
Josh_PoloGTi
Site Admin
Drives: BMW E85 Z4 3.0i

Post by Josh_PoloGTi »

metz

Post by metz »

Madmatt you gotta take a foto of yours, it looked brown saturday not black. Apart from the "I BEEP AT PRO'S" and other assorted scribbles on it.

Half of my roof is dirty from where i forgot to wash it at Mr-Josh's house
Karl_CLCoupe
Platinum Member

Post by Karl_CLCoupe »

metz wrote:Madmatt you gotta take a foto of yours, it looked brown saturday not black. Apart from the "I BEEP AT PRO'S" and other assorted scribbles on it.
Ahh yes, I remember it well... Then there was that killer wasp that took some washing off with the washer jets...

Karl.
carmadaaron

Post by carmadaaron »

how long did that take ya to buid up taht kinda muck?
Tahrey1043
Location: Birmingham! Enjoys: The pseudo-G-Smiles provided by a 1.6 Megane Sport valver...

Post by Tahrey1043 »

Wow, i resign from my own challenge after seeing that.. even the inch thick layer of mulch i've built up around the sills from playing in a leaf-strewn lane last night can't compete :D
Krupa
Gold Member

Post by Krupa »

As some of you might be aware about this time last year my car was rear ended lightly.

I didn't clean my car from late October just before it got bumped when it looked like this...

...until January this year, this photo was taken about a month before it actually got cleaned.

Bear in mind my car doesn't show the dirt very well, it was properly filthy by this point.
Krupa
Gold Member

Post by Krupa »

Funny looking at those two photos, you can see that in the first the house in the background has no windows, but in the second one it does. There have been people living in that house since February!

Check out the wonky rear bumper and tailgate in that second pic... nice.
Loonball
Bronze Member

Post by Loonball »

Doh i was hoping for some smut! :x
optima21
Sponsor

Re: Diiiiirty

Post by optima21 »

Tahrey1043 wrote:
But still theres a fair bit of marinblau showing through, and the screens aren't totally obscured. someone must be dirtier here :)
(optima i know you just shined your rat up!)
aye I know but the GT looks worse now, as it hasnt been cleaned since last May (apart from the windows so I could see out of them)
GroovyCarrot
Sponsor

Post by GroovyCarrot »

Mine's a bit nasty at the moment because one of my mudflaps has fallen off and I'm doing a lot of wet, muddy country lanes at the moment. That's on the bottom of my ever-expensive list of things to buy/fix..
Tahrey1043

Post by Tahrey1043 »

shouldnt it be at the top as it'll be cheap and easy to sort out? :D

i think i shouldnt have played in the mud and mulched leaves so much - the quick exterior spruce up went quite easily and quickly apart from removing chavgirl's shoe rubber from the bonnet and wing (sticky stuff!), and scraping away all the gunge sprayed up along the sills (particularly the left hand one, where the gutters are!). After an initial high-power rinse-down with the hose, I must have wiped away about six layers with a very soapy, rough sponge and a couple big buckets of water - and thats without the rest of the car, which I washed first, thankfully.

S'lookin reet nice now, at least in comparison. Just glad I didnt leave it so long as some of you guys :)

The interior though, that must come under scrutiny as well. Did a basic clear-round as i dont want the mechanic to die in a sea of dross. I found, after a surprising half an hour of treasure hunting...

*three sets of GSF/kwik fit receipts
*an AZ of manchester and another of bangor (along with the b'ham and notts ones, and full UK atlas, that i already knew of)
*several "lost" tapes and minidiscs, including a head cleaner of each, and some of them wet....
*a can of Right Guard, and another of novelty yellow hair spray
*not one but two empty coke bottles (500ml)
*a discarded ginsters chicken slice wrapper
*a nokia phone charger (ciggy lighter one)
*a cigarette lighter-powered electric air freshener device
*a large mysterious piece of clear hard cellophane
*the packet for my electric glow stick
*two coat hangers
*a kitchen knife
*3 rechargable and 2 alkaline batteries
*a christmas & new year brochure for the belfry's hospitality services. 2004 thankfully, but too late to book anything
*2 orange brochures and a top-up leaflet
*a bottle of tippex
*a long sleeved T-shirt (under the passenger seat)
*the entire wrappings for a long since eaten pack of opal fruits
*three combs, and a tub of cheap hair gel
*four Bacardi novelty light-up keyfobs (spherical alien eggs)
*a light up christmas tree badge - from xmas '03..
*several screws that i have no clue where they belong
*the remnants of the fog light fitting kit
*two fabric glasses wallets, only one holding actual glasses
*an adjustable spanner and a T-handle screwdriver
*a large blob of blu-tack
*a packet of party balloons - opened (actual balloons, not prophylactics)
*and, at least fourteen pens of various descriptions, including 7 slick De Vere retractables from work, a dead draughtmans-style fibre tip, and a long lost Pilot V5 (score!)

also removed my halloween costume that's been sitting there a while, a sleeping bag, and a couple small rolls of spare carpet from the boot

plus it needs a GOOD vacuuming out, and there's still oil coming thru the carpet from SOMEWHERE... ;)

I reckon my economy is going to go up by a good few MPG now! dirrrrtay!
Krupa
Gold Member

Post by Krupa »

Tahrey1043 wrote:shouldnt it be at the top as it'll be cheap and easy to sort out? :D

i think i shouldnt have played in the mud and mulched leaves so much - the quick exterior spruce up went quite easily and quickly apart from removing chavgirl's shoe rubber from the bonnet and wing (sticky stuff!), and scraping away all the gunge sprayed up along the sills (particularly the left hand one, where the gutters are!). After an initial high-power rinse-down with the hose, I must have wiped away about six layers with a very soapy, rough sponge and a couple big buckets of water - and thats without the rest of the car, which I washed first, thankfully.

S'lookin reet nice now, at least in comparison. Just glad I didnt leave it so long as some of you guys :)

The interior though, that must come under scrutiny as well. Did a basic clear-round as i dont want the mechanic to die in a sea of dross. I found, after a surprising half an hour of treasure hunting...

*three sets of GSF/kwik fit receipts
*an AZ of manchester and another of bangor (along with the b'ham and notts ones, and full UK atlas, that i already knew of)
*several "lost" tapes and minidiscs, including a head cleaner of each, and some of them wet....
*a can of Right Guard, and another of novelty yellow hair spray
*not one but two empty coke bottles (500ml)
*a discarded ginsters chicken slice wrapper
*a nokia phone charger (ciggy lighter one)
*a cigarette lighter-powered electric air freshener device
*a large mysterious piece of clear hard cellophane
*the packet for my electric glow stick
*two coat hangers
*a kitchen knife
*3 rechargable and 2 alkaline batteries
*a christmas & new year brochure for the belfry's hospitality services. 2004 thankfully, but too late to book anything
*2 orange brochures and a top-up leaflet
*a bottle of tippex
*a long sleeved T-shirt (under the passenger seat)
*the entire wrappings for a long since eaten pack of opal fruits
*three combs, and a tub of cheap hair gel
*four Bacardi novelty light-up keyfobs (spherical alien eggs)
*a light up christmas tree badge - from xmas '03..
*several screws that i have no clue where they belong
*the remnants of the fog light fitting kit
*two fabric glasses wallets, only one holding actual glasses
*an adjustable spanner and a T-handle screwdriver
*a large blob of blu-tack
*a packet of party balloons - opened (actual balloons, not prophylactics)
*and, at least fourteen pens of various descriptions, including 7 slick De Vere retractables from work, a dead draughtmans-style fibre tip, and a long lost Pilot V5 (score!)

also removed my halloween costume that's been sitting there a while, a sleeping bag, and a couple small rolls of spare carpet from the boot

plus it needs a GOOD vacuuming out, and there's still oil coming thru the carpet from SOMEWHERE... ;)

I reckon my economy is going to go up by a good few MPG now! dirrrrtay!
How many keyboards do you get through per year Tahrey!? :lol: Can always guarantee a small essay response when you're about :)
carmadaaron

Post by carmadaaron »

prob gets 1 every xmas!