6N2 (mk5) One Touch Windows

Post Instructions on DIY modifications here - use all information with caution!
JWC
Gold Member

6N2 (mk5) One Touch Windows

Post by JWC »

Hi,
Just a sperate thread for the 6n2 (mk5). Turn ignition on, wind window doen to the bottom and HOLD for about 10 seconds or until you hear a relay click, then it will work as normal.

I am not sure why mine lost the one touch thing, but I was sitting by a reservoir reading a book and got cold and wound the window up a bit and the ignition might have been on or off, or somthing, anyway, it confused it.

Works fine now.
Johnmk4
Bronze Member

Post by Johnmk4 »

i have this now as well, cheers for the guide :)
CalvinGTI
Sponsor

Post by CalvinGTI »

hmmm my drivers side seems to have lost the one touch as well, ima give it a go tonite after work and see if this resolves it.

Cheers JWC !

Calâ„¢
sayk08
New

Re: 6N2 (mk5) One Touch Windows

Post by sayk08 »

JWC wrote:Hi,
Just a sperate thread for the 6n2 (mk5). Turn ignition on, wind window doen to the bottom and HOLD for about 10 seconds or until you hear a relay click, then it will work as normal.

I am not sure why mine lost the one touch thing, but I was sitting by a reservoir reading a book and got cold and wound the window up a bit and the ignition might have been on or off, or somthing, anyway, it confused it.

Works fine now.
Any suggestion on How-To for the MK6? I've tried your guide but nothing all remained the same
rolldeeppolo
New

Post by rolldeeppolo »

my drivers side dont work it just clicks any 1 no why?
badboypolo
Silver Member

Post by badboypolo »

mine too, cant put it down cant put the passanger side down from the driver switch either, I can only put them up :?
LAN's GTI
Bronze Member

Post by LAN's GTI »

If your switch just clicks it's usually the motor that's gone, if you can only put a window either up or down, from one switch but the other works fine it's probably the switch thats faulty.
You can try taking the switch apart and cleaning the contacts inside, I did this and it fixed one of mine.
Switches aren't that expensive, you don't have to get the whole surround thing, you can just buy the switch.
Motors on the other hand, are expensive, VAG Parts are a lot cheaper than VW for these.
badboypolo
Silver Member

Post by badboypolo »

nice 1 , cheers m8. I'll try cleaning mine tomorrow
stu nwpoc
Bronze Member

Post by stu nwpoc »

My VW mechanic told me how to sort mine, slightly different to the original post but it might work for others ?

Right here goes :-

Ignition switch on
both windows up !
press both front window switches down and hold them down till the windows are fully down
then lift them up and hold them up untill the windows are completely at the top
press both front window switches down again and hold them down till the windows are fully down, this time hold the switches down for a further 10 seconds and then lift them up and hold them up untill the windows are completely at the top

This works every time on my Mk5 6N2, may work on the Mk6 ??