expecting a bit more from my stereo?

Discuss In Car Electronics / Electrical Systems - use with caution!
AKs_SlickPolo
Gold Member

expecting a bit more from my stereo?

Post by AKs_SlickPolo »

As far as i can remember. my m8s golf always use to cut the power off the stereo once the key was taken off the ignition. This was with the Sony cassette player as standard. when u switch the car on it switched on as well. with MY POLO. however this is not the case. the power always stays on and my sony cd player can always be played even when the car key is taken out of ingintion. to switch it on i have to manually press the source button. Im sure the polo has the capability to do this. So i slipped my headunit to find loads of dangling wires unconnected. any1 know what this wire is meant to look like or how i can get my stereo so that it switches off when key is taken out of ignition and turns itself on when the car is started???
ximon
New

Post by ximon »

if its a mark4 then according to my haynes the brown/red wire is the one from the ignition when u remove the key, but theres a brown/red wire also going to the front tweeter, check it with a bulb to make sure its a 12v wire, swap this wire with your positive supply wire on your radio and it should be done, bearing in mind that this wire from the ignition is not fused so maybe use an inline fuse, say 10/15a depending on your radio.