Strange engine noise when i acclerate

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
jags53
Getting There!

Strange engine noise when i acclerate

Post by jags53 »

hi
been doing this a while never took any notice but obvioulsy its not suppose to be doing it,when i accelerate i can here like air being released from the engine it seems to come from the passenger side,and its get louder the higher it revs
any ideas folks?
Tahrey1043
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: Birmingham! Enjoys: The pseudo-G-Smiles provided by a 1.6 Megane Sport valver...

Post by Tahrey1043 »

huh?

like a pffffffft, or a slapping kind of noise, similar to a beetle?
JTLondon
Silver Member

Post by JTLondon »

Hmm... my 1.4CL seems to make a strange noise when accelerating these days.

When I accelerate at reasonably low revs, the engine sounds like a diesel or something :?

Is it my poor maintanence of the engine? or is the car simply due for a service? :oops:
Bedi
New

Post by Bedi »

just give the car a mini service (regardless of milage)

- change the oil/oil filter
- change the air filter/pollen filter
- Change the spark plugs

then go to a recommended garage/or one that you trust to get your engine tuned up...

after the tune up, your MK4 will be back on point
JTLondon
Silver Member

Post by JTLondon »

Bedi wrote: then go to a recommended garage/or one that you trust to get your engine tuned up...

after the tune up, your MK4 will be back on point
What kind of tune up? :roll: :?
OMEGASUPR3ME
Silver Member

Post by OMEGASUPR3ME »

i can hear my engine revs through my speakers :? its like really high pitched n stuff, was quite funny for a whilebut now its just annoying, it only does it every once in a while, any ideas?
Phil6N
Bronze Member

Post by Phil6N »

OMEGASUPR3ME "i can hear my engine revs through my speakers its like really high pitched n stuff, was quite funny for a whilebut now its just annoying, it only does it every once in a while, any ideas?"

Are you running a amp? I had that in my golf, and it was a bad earth, so it picks up the engine noise, kinda sounds like a whistling turbo,lol.
Hope that helps.
PHIL
OMEGASUPR3ME
Silver Member

Post by OMEGASUPR3ME »

Phil6N wrote:OMEGASUPR3ME "i can hear my engine revs through my speakers its like really high pitched n stuff, was quite funny for a whilebut now its just annoying, it only does it every once in a while, any ideas?"

Are you running a amp? I had that in my golf, and it was a bad earth, so it picks up the engine noise, kinda sounds like a whistling turbo,lol.
Hope that helps.
PHIL
nah i aint runnin an amp, but i think it might be my head unit wasnt wired correctly, prob bad earth on that or sumin. will try to sort it out sumtime this week, thanks alot