1.9TDI sport

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
TDi-polo
Getting There!

1.9TDI sport

Post by TDi-polo »

im looking for a new car and im looking at the polo sport tdi, i havent got round to getting a test drive yet but was wondering what you guys think of it and how it drives ect.

Dave.
mfa-polo
Silver Member

Post by mfa-polo »

Hi

What car do you have at the moment?

As I had a Polo gti (6n2) and bought a 52 plate 1.9 tdi about two months ago, I really enjoy driving the car, although it really doesn't compare to my previous polo. The handling is good although there doesn't seem to be much feedback from the road (if that makes sense), engine is very strong and responsive, which you really notice on the motorway in top gear.

I would recommend buying one, but remember its not really in the same league as, say the Skoda Fabia vrs, (would be with a remap) I always perferred the styling of the polo though (just my opinion).

Overall I would say: Get one!
TDi-polo
Getting There!

Post by TDi-polo »

ive got a 1.0 lupo at the moment, so im expecting it to be alot more powerful, i was looking at haveing revo do some magic to it for an extra 45 bhp but i would have to wait for that.

Dave.
mfa-polo
Silver Member

Post by mfa-polo »

Dave,

You will love driving the Polo 1.9tdi sport! My girlfriend has a Lupo 1.4tdi sport, which aint bad in itself. but she really notices the extra 25bhp.

I have also been thinking about a remap and was attracted to Revo as you can change back to the standard map, however I was a bit bothered about what consequences this might have on the engine!? I also have looked at 'Tuneit' extra 30bhp and 'Dual System' extra 30bhp (both changeable and about £500).

It could do with a little extra now and then, that you could use as required, could have done with it last week when a chav in a new astra 1.7dti was hastling me at 1**mph!

Well its a really good choice, and I hope you enjoy it!

Matt
TDi-polo
Getting There!

Post by TDi-polo »

thanks for the info mate just what i needed to push me into buying one.....just need to go in and talk with the dealer that has it now.

Dave.
Jedi
New

Post by Jedi »

I've also got a 1.9TDI and apart from a bit of an issue i have with the suspension (see other thread) it's a fantastic car. If your going to get the car chipped i would defiantly consider some wider wheels, i have enough problems with traction with the car standard. IMO Barcelona's look the nuts and at £205 they're a steal! although i'm not sure they'll be wide enough to make that much of a difference. Check out the colour pack as well makes the car look a lot better.
carmadaaron
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by carmadaaron »

Jedi wrote:I've also got a 1.9TDI and apart from a bit of an issue i have with the suspension (see other thread) it's a fantastic car. If your going to get the car chipped i would defiantly consider some wider wheels, i have enough problems with traction with the car standard. IMO Barcelona's look the nuts and at £205 they're a steal! although i'm not sure they'll be wide enough to make that much of a difference. Check out the colour pack as well makes the car look a lot better.
yeah i agree, color pack makes a big difference, especially to silver cars,
better get some 8" wide wheels then, and get some decent traction! :lol:

the facelift polo is out soon by the way....... :)
TDi-polo
Getting There!

Post by TDi-polo »

im buying second hand as i cant afford a brand new one, the car is Mercato Blue Metallic it still has all the black bump strips tho, im sure that will change once i get my hands on it tho.

Dave.
toXXin

Post by toXXin »

Not meaning to be a bad moderator, but what about an Ibiza.

I mean, my Ibiza!
carmadaaron

Post by carmadaaron »

toXXin wrote:Not meaning to be a bad moderator, but what about an Ibiza.

I mean, my Ibiza!
sometimes its the badge :)
dont get me wrong, Ibizas are meant to be the sportier brand/version of the Polo
toXXin

Post by toXXin »

Yes, it's the badge on the Polo that attracts the premium price, and also attracts badge snobbery against others.

They're built in the same factory, only mine has a nicer body, nicer interior, a PD130 engine and an £8000 price tag. :)
mfa-polo
Silver Member

Post by mfa-polo »

Just goes to show how everyone has different taste! I bought both my Polo TDI (9N) and GTI (6N2), because Ive been a fan of the look of the styling since the 6N. It has nothing to do with a badge, just aesthetics! As for price, they hold their value, so that solves that!?

:lol:
carmadaaron

Post by carmadaaron »

toXXin wrote:
They're built in the same factory, only mine has a nicer body, nicer interior, a PD130 engine and an £8000 price tag. :)
trying to promote Ibizas to sel urs? :lol:
gd luck with the sale btw ;)

do Ibizas have the early "rattles" from dashboard?
TDi-polo
Getting There!

Post by TDi-polo »

thats one of the better things about the vws is they hold their price better and i prefer the styling of the polo to the ibiza.

Dave.
TDi-polo
Getting There!

Had your 1.9tdi sport remaped?

Post by TDi-polo »

Anyone had theres chiped or remaped, my uncle is a wiz with vag com and recons he can squeez 150bhp out of it ive seen revo do 145bhp.

Dave.