Left window problems

Discuss In Car Electronics / Electrical Systems - use with caution!
PhilGTi
Platinum Member

Left window problems

Post by PhilGTi »

My left window works fine when you use the controls on the left door, but if i try and put the window down from the drivers side it does nothing. It goes up using the drivers side control but not down?

WTF?

Phill
Polo_Gio
Silver Member

Post by Polo_Gio »

sounds like you may have a problem with the "up" connector on ur drivers side switch, or the corresponding wire from that side might have came loose

easy fix, swap ur two switches around to see it its the switch. Obv making sure the wires were all connected in first place

hope that helps
daffy
Getting There!

Post by daffy »

have EXACTLY the same problem mate!!!! switched the wiring plugs around and the problem moves to the other window. haven't solved it yet. will try opening up the wires see if they've come loose. maybe i'll use some contact spray.
PhilGTi
Platinum Member

Post by PhilGTi »

lol, keep me posted..

Phill.
badboypolo
Silver Member

Post by badboypolo »

I have this problem too! but now I cant put the driver window down either unless when im opening my car i keep the key turned
edli83
Getting There!

Post by edli83 »

thats exactly what happens to me, i was thinking that is how it was supposed to be!!!!! :S

its weird as it goes up fine on the drivers side and perfect on the passenger side too.
PhilGTi
Platinum Member

Post by PhilGTi »

Im told its solved by changing the drivers switch, just a problem with that, not the electricals! The new owner will have to sort it out... my GTi is fine, for now!!

Phill.
edli83
Getting There!

Post by edli83 »

i'll try getting hold of a switch and trying it then, thanks m8
inder
Platinum Member

Post by inder »

hey hey, it could be a FUSE... sounds silly, but I accidently made a short once, when messing with the pins on the drivers control switch (made a lovely pop and burning smell hehe) and had the same problem.....

I was upset as you can imagine, esp. as was suggested by the vw parts man it could be the motor blown and this was like £100+, i was like no way... and so consulted the fuse key card... checked each window icon one and would you know it... found a blown one (30AMP WHITE)... replaced it and all was fine again. I had also messed up the locking from drivers side too, the fuse solved that too...

Might not be the same problem you are having... but worth checking? Hope helps :)
laura_fairy_22
Silver Member

Post by laura_fairy_22 »

I been having a few problems with my passenger window too... meant to have one touch right?? the drivers side works, but passenger side doesnt..

also i get the problem that sometimes i cant control passenger window from double switch on drivers side??? that i have to lean over to use the passenger side button... *if that made any sense?* not essential to the running of the car.. but bloody annoying at times!
Tommyl
New

Post by Tommyl »

i also have this problem. ive only had it a week and its anoying me im gonna have a look at the fuse like inder sed