Tips for spraying my Spoiler???

Detailing & Bodywork
PhilGTi
Platinum Member

Tips for spraying my Spoiler???

Post by PhilGTi »

Just bought a spoiler for my 6n2, its already primered. Been quoted £75 to have it sprayed, and so thought id give it a go myself?

I sprayed a few parts on my old polo without any problems. Does anyone have any tips? Im worried that i wont beable to hold it while spraying it without missing a spot?

How long should I leave between each coat? A simple walkthrough would be fab!!!

Phill
waveydavey
Sponsor

Post by waveydavey »

Aye up mate,

I sprayed my own GTi spoiler on my old Rover 200 a few years ago....... I ended up doing it over a period of a week. To get past the problem of holding it i would spray one side then the other a few hours later...... i.e. topside morning..... underside evening.

It turned out ok. I think it had a couple of layers of primer....around 5 coats of colour then 3 coats of lacquer....... Only thing is it was solid flame red so was a lot easier to do with it not being metallic.

I think i would go for a professional job with it being metallic personally.......... A lad who i work with had a spoiler done in silver for his astra and i think he payed around 50 quid.

Cheers

Dave.
carmadaaron
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by carmadaaron »

yeah £50 should be average (with out VAT) ;)

they do it in about 1/2 a day, and saves the hassle :)
PhilGTi
Platinum Member

Post by PhilGTi »

Hm, they wanted £75 to spray and fit it. Im just going to wait i think. Gunna save up a few quid then have it sprayed properly. I got my foglight switch today, it works perfect and was really easy to fit. Only cost £12 off ebay including delivery, was really impressed.

I managed to get myself some Genuine Audi centre caps for my alloys, they look the f*****g nuts now. Cant wait to get the spoiler on. Aero Wipers and spoiler then this car is done for now. Everything else is spot on..

Will post some pics asap! Cheers lads.

Phill. :D