Polo 1.9 TDI vibration problem

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
mickymunn
New

Polo 1.9 TDI vibration problem

Post by mickymunn »

Hiya people, new to thread.We have just purchased a 02 plate 1.9 tdi and think we have a problem.
When ever we use the car there is a slight vibration coming through the steering wheel and after driving if feels as thought you have pins and needles in your hands.
I wanted to know if the vibration is normal as it is a diesel engine or something wrong??
We have just had new Anti roll bar and bushes replaced and new tyres fitted by vw to correct the problem, all done on warranty.
How ever they gave car back to us yesterday and said all is fine but myself and my partner can still feel slight vibration coming through steering wheel, is this normal??? you can feel it sat stationary and driving which seems to be worse or should there be nothing coming through steering wheel and be a smooth drive????

Can anyone tell me if this is right? Or anyone here with the same car and can give me some info

Thanks Guys!!!
mfa-polo
Silver Member

Post by mfa-polo »

Do the wheels need balancing? When I first got my 1.9 tdi it would vibrate when driven over 60mph, and is now fine after having the wheels balanced.
mickymunn
New

Post by mickymunn »

The VW garage told us all the tryes were balanced, but still very slight vibration. Could there be any other cause as to why this is? Or could it just be road noise coming throught the sports suspension? The fact thats its a diesel engine?

Any help really appreciated

Thanks

MFA POLO-- is your tdi a really smooth drive then?
des_pd_ tdi
Gold Member

Post by des_pd_ tdi »

I had a 52 Sport tdi that did not have any vibrations at all, from what I remember. I've since bought a Fabia VRs that has a slight vibration through the wheel at idle, but once on the move it's fine.

I'd suggest that you ask the dealer to let you test drive a similar model Polo so you can compare them, then you'll know for sure if it's a problem or not.

Des
mfa-polo
Silver Member

Post by mfa-polo »

My 52 plate is very smooth, no vibrations at idle or when driving. Have your local dealership driven the car?
des_pd_ tdi
Gold Member

Post by des_pd_ tdi »

mfa-polo wrote:My 52 plate is very smooth, no vibrations at idle or when driving. Have your local dealership driven the car?
You probably bought my old one :lol:

Des
kash
New

Post by kash »

my 1.9 tdi had a similar problem, it turned out to be a buckled brake disc. i could feel the vibrations through the steering wheel between 60 and 70 mph and when i put the brakes on the size of the vibrations more than doubled!
mickymunn
New

Post by mickymunn »

Thanks for the posts guys, Its my parnters 2nd deisel, 1st was a new audi A3 2.0tdi which was perfect but was a ompany car which she had to give back when she left her job, then this one.To me if feels fine but maybe just a very very slight vibration if you concentrate hard enough on it.Is she being over sensetive??? :?