New Rims?

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
DScape
Bronze Member

New Rims?

Post by DScape »

'ow do all...

I've obsessively been looking at alloys the past couple of days now and I can't see past these ones...

http://www.topgear.co.uk/acatalog/4x_15 ... y_Whee.php

I really loved these rims when they first came out, and now I own a car I'm so tempted. Would these fit straight on? Im sure there's some other size requirement I need to know beforehand, but I know mines definately a 4 stud....that's about all I know :lol:

The above link is the cheapest I've seen so far too, so if they will fit do we all think they will suit?

I'll be photoshopping them later when I can be arsed!

Cheers all !
13twelve
Gold Member

Post by 13twelve »

they'll rock
carmadaaron
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by carmadaaron »

13twelve wrote:they'll rock
sure thing, i rekon itll suit the color of car
BLACK6N_POLO
Silver Member

Post by BLACK6N_POLO »

yea they will look cool! :)
Speedlaw

Post by Speedlaw »

Ideally you'll want 195-45-15 tyres. Quite like the wheels!
Phil6N
Bronze Member

Post by Phil6N »

Got em dude, they're rude rims, not to hard to clean either. got em with kumho (cant spell)195/45 r 15 tyres , makes such a difference compared to stock wheels and tyres. You feel the road more, but ya dont notice after a while.

I had trouble fitting the rear wheels, i bolted the wheels to the car, then went to put the center cap on, n it wouldnt fit over the bearing cap(ahhh), so i took the wheel off, prized off the bearing cap put the wheel back on, and the centre cap still didnt go on, so i ended up putting spacer on the rear wheels,(8mm i think).

Just ordered some bilstein lowering kit for it 60mm drop(should look ace), will post pics when it's on the car!

Oh , i def think they suit the car!

hope that helps!
Phil
bstardchild

Re: New Rims?

Post by bstardchild »

DScape wrote:Im sure there's some other size requirement I need to know beforehand, but I know mines definately a 4 stud....that's about all I know :lol:
I'll help you on the technical bit so they fit

PCD 4 x 100 Thats 4 stud on a 100mm Diameter circle

Offset best to aim for ET 38 as thats std but.........

The lower the number the more the wheels will stick out......

I would guess if you wanted to fil the arches ET 30 would be max but I can't say for defo

Rim Width - max 7 inch if you are gonna put 195 tyres on it
DScape
Bronze Member

Post by DScape »

Thanks for the replies guys!

I'm trying to understand the whole technical side of things, I will get my head round it one day! I've had a look on another site that were doing them 4x100 ET38 6.5" wide, so Im guessing they'll bang on no problem at all? Will I need spacers? ...hark at me being technical now!

Phil, I'd love to see some pics of yours matey, that would be awesome.

Glad of the positive comments so far. I can't really afford them, but I ain't thought of anything else all day. My way of thinking is if I aint gonna get them now, Im only gonna get them one day so why wait!

Definately getting them though, just getting the balls to make the payment :lol:
JTLondon
Silver Member

Post by JTLondon »

bstardchild wrote:
DScape wrote:Im sure there's some other size requirement I need to know beforehand, but I know mines definately a 4 stud....that's about all I know :lol:
I'll help you on the technical bit so they fit

PCD 4 x 100 Thats 4 stud on a 100mm Diameter circle

Offset best to aim for ET 38 as thats std but.........

The lower the number the more the wheels will stick out......

I would guess if you wanted to fil the arches ET 30 would be max but I can't say for defo

Rim Width - max 7 inch if you are gonna put 195 tyres on it
One important info... CENTRE BORE= 57.1 (mm I should think)
I made the mistake of buying some wheels off another car and the centre doesnt fit on... be careful when buying wheels off another car.

Anyone know good cheap places to get the wheels bored? (Prices anyone? :? :cry: ) London/North/East of London preferrable.
bstardchild

Post by bstardchild »

JTLondon wrote:One important info... CENTRE BORE= 57.1 (mm I should think)
Well spotted...... Thanks
david burton
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by david burton »

DScape wrote: 4x100 ET38 6.5" wide, so Im guessing they'll bang on no problem at all? Will I need spacers? ...hark at me being technical now!
yeah those will be spot on, you could really slam the polo with those as the rear tyres should fit under the arches.

personally I would say spacers would be needed though. I have et35 on 7 inch rims. so they're approx 10mm further out. the backs just fit in, and the fronts are fine. so 8-10mm spacers would do the trick if you really wanted the wider stance.
jezmk4
Silver Member

Post by jezmk4 »

bstardchild wrote:Rim Width - max 7 inch if you are gonna put 195 tyres on it
a 195 is fine on an 8"
rob_polo
New

Post by rob_polo »

class these are the rims i was thinkin of gettin fro my mk4 and i just didnt know how they would look but they look well nice 8)
DScape
Bronze Member

Post by DScape »

Alrighty then :D

Are we all agreed that the above is a fair price to pay as well??

Thanks for all your help and opinions every1 !
JTLondon
Silver Member

Post by JTLondon »

bstardchild wrote:
JTLondon wrote:One important info... CENTRE BORE= 57.1 (mm I should think)
Well spotted...... Thanks
Pretty hard not to spot when you've got yourself wheels with 54.1mm bore and they dont fit on the polo :lol: LMAO *goes into a frenzied breakdown*
david burton wrote: yeah those will be spot on, you could really slam the polo with those as the rear tyres should fit under the arches.

personally I would say spacers would be needed though. I have et35 on 7 inch rims. so they're approx 10mm further out. the backs just fit in, and the fronts are fine. so 8-10mm spacers would do the trick if you really wanted the wider stance.
I hear spaces are quite dangerous to have... whats worse using spaces or putting on the wheels without them? :oops: