Keyless Entry & Burglar Alarm

Discuss In Car Electronics / Electrical Systems - use with caution!
bsodmike
Getting There!

Keyless Entry & Burglar Alarm

Post by bsodmike »

Hi guys,

The polo I got does not have a keyless (key fob) entry system or a burglar alarm. Just the immobilizer.

Now...how can one attach such a system and where does one connect it to?

One of the dealers here tried to do it but found that the signals from the door 'lock/unlock' buttons would not do the job and would even prove dangerous with the immobilizer and the VW dealer here won't do it.

Any help would be appreciated :D

Thanks, Mike
inder
Platinum Member

Post by inder »

Search for 'votex' posts by me m8, explains all in there... you can upgrade it to remote central locking with a simple inline kit, hope helps

Image 8)

as for the car alarm, you could get one fitted by a proper car alarm installation company... bear in mind that most will provide you with remote central locking as part of the alarm, i.e. you won't need to mess with upgrading the current system, something to think about
bsodmike
Getting There!

Post by bsodmike »

Hrm. This Votex kit seems to be for the Golfs? I've emailed Martyn asking what he can send to sort this out and have mentioned the Votex kit.

Thanks a lot!

Mike
PhilGTi
Platinum Member

Post by PhilGTi »

The kit in my polo gti is from a golf im told, probably because they didnt wanna make a kit purposely for the polo gti, therefore im pretty sure a golf kit could be fitted!

Phill.
inder
Platinum Member

Post by inder »

bsodmike wrote:Hrm. This Votex kit seems to be for the Golfs? I've emailed Martyn asking what he can send to sort this out and have mentioned the Votex kit.

Thanks a lot!

Mike
Yes the Mk3 Golf version works in the Polo also, it's in mine (Mk5 Polo) :wink:
bsodmike
Getting There!

Post by bsodmike »

How hard is it to install in the Polo? If you could kindly supply me some pics/instructions I'll deffo do this :D

Also, where is the C.pump in the polo?

If I use my current key and turn it and hold - it will either open or close the driver side window. I take it this means I have total closure installed?

thanks a lot dude!
inder
Platinum Member

Post by inder »

bsodmike wrote:How hard is it to install in the Polo? If you could kindly supply me some pics/instructions I'll deffo do this :D

Also, where is the C.pump in the polo?

If I use my current key and turn it and hold - it will either open or close the driver side window. I take it this means I have total closure installed?

thanks a lot dude!
Yes, you have total closure - after installing this kit, you can do the same opening/closing of the windows using the keyfob

The central locking pump is located in the boot, where the first aid kit is

Instructions come with the kit upon arrival, basically plugs in place, only 'hard' bit is the wiring of the indicator lights, so they flash to show lock status, you don't have to wire them in to use the kit though, up to you

Couple pictures:

Ignore white connections blocks. You do not need to cut no wires, plug and play, bit more info: http://www.vagparts.com/pages/MK3Golf.htm (pics are for golf, so don't apply, but general idea)

:D
bsodmike
Getting There!

Post by bsodmike »

These are some shots of how the car looked when we had it stripped. Didn't see ANYTHING there that looks like the C.pump.

Now when you say first aid kit, do you mean that the Cpump is somewhere under the spare wheel area? Kinda lost here hrm!

Sorry for being worried, but just want to be sure be cause I got this inside the boot right now:

There is about 10 - 12" between the buffle box and the lip of the boot, and I can lift the cardboard bottom to access the sparewheel area...

Thanks, Mike :)
inder
Platinum Member

Post by inder »

what Polo do you have? :?

seems like a 9N? Not sure if that kit will work with your Polo, mine is 6N type... also not sure of exact location of central locking pump in a 9N in that case, if its not there... your car does already have central locking right?

a 9N owner should be able to advise, try posting a 'where is the cpump' thread in 9N section??

:)
Last edited by inder on Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bsodmike
Getting There!

Post by bsodmike »

I have a Polo 9N MK6 of course. Just kinda confused as to 'where' in the boot you are referring to!

Please come on chat if you can via MSN - bsodmike@hotmail.com

Thanks!

Mike
inder
Platinum Member

Post by inder »

Sorry m8 can't come online now, maybe later

Ahh, then post in 9N section for the location... mine is Mk5
inder
Platinum Member

Post by inder »

C PUMP:

bsodmike
Getting There!

Post by bsodmike »

Oh boy... I hope there IS a C pump in the MK6 as I ordered this :S

>> Update: VAG has canceled the order. the MK6 does NOT have a C pump and instead all the locks are controlled via the ECC....hrm!
inder
Platinum Member

Post by inder »

bsodmike wrote:Oh boy... I hope there IS a C pump in the MK6 as I ordered this :S

>> Update: VAG has canceled the order. the MK6 does NOT have a C pump and instead all the locks are controlled via the ECC....hrm!
ahh crap, I was going to metion it could be controlled differently, by something electrical :(

well not all is bad I guess, a good alarm system will convert it to remote central locking, improve the immobiliser and a car alarm too