Anyone know how to change the gear knob?

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
mysteryboy
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Anyone know how to change the gear knob?

Post by mysteryboy »

Sorry Im full of questions and not many answers...Just thought Id ask before I attempt anything... is the gear knob a screw on or a pull off (on the mk4) and how would I go about changing it?
(i gave it a little pull and a little turn but am too scared to put some real force into it as I dont really want to break it)
R1CH
Platinum Member

Post by R1CH »

with mine you had to pull the gaiter from the bottom of the g/knob and it showed a clip type thing round the bottom of the g/knob if i remember right.after a bit of messin with this it just lifts of and the new one attaches via 3 little grub screws (normally) onto the gear shaft.good look old chap
bstardchild

Re: Anyone know how to change the gear knob?

Post by bstardchild »

mysteryboy wrote:Sorry Im full of questions and not many answers...Just thought Id ask before I attempt anything... is the gear knob a screw on or a pull off (on the mk4) and how would I go about changing it?
(i gave it a little pull and a little turn but am too scared to put some real force into it as I dont really want to break it)
Try using the search facility - I didn't cos I knew this post was in DIY guides but using the search would have found it easily

http://www.tigerstyle.co.uk/poloforum/v ... .php?t=319
mysteryboy
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by mysteryboy »

Fantastic!!...I get it.... Thanks guys... Now time to do it..... just hope I dont mess it up & get left without a knob :)
R1CH
Platinum Member

Post by R1CH »

oh hell :shock: :shock: was it in the faq thing,dunno how accurate i was,i did mine about 18month ago,good luck anyway mate