FAO people with PS2's in their cars...

Discuss In Car Entertainment
andybtsn
Getting There!

FAO people with PS2's in their cars...

Post by andybtsn »

I took out mine which was working fine and replaced it with the thin style one as I wanted to put it in my glove box. I hadn't set the original one up so having problems now.

Basically the power supply box thing is lit up. And the plug is plugged in for the PS2. If the red light it is on, surely there should be power going to the PS2? Well there isnt, no LED's light up on the PS2 at all...

I dont understand it at all...

Also, the other bit that plugs into the PS2 (Not the power cord) is leading to nothing, should it just connect straight to the screens?

Sorry if this is all abit s**t wrote.

Any help appreciated!

Andy
wul3er
Gold Member

Post by wul3er »

The "other cable" (not the power) should go into the screens.

Is there a red light coming on, on the inverter?
On mines a red light come on and it buzzes if it is starting to over heat.

Im actually having problems with mines just now too, But im just gonna remove it cos i never use it in the car.

With mines it is saying that there is no Joypad plugged in, But there is and the wee red analog light is coming on, on the joypad. Yet it all worked fine b4 and was working in the house. Im thinking it could be my joypad extensions though.
andyhayes77
New

Re: FAO people with PS2's in their cars...

Post by andyhayes77 »

andybtsn wrote:I took out mine which was working fine and replaced it with the thin style one as I wanted to put it in my glove box. I hadn't set the original one up so having problems now.

Basically the power supply box thing is lit up. And the plug is plugged in for the PS2. If the red light it is on, surely there should be power going to the PS2? Well there isnt, no LED's light up on the PS2 at all...

I dont understand it at all...

Also, the other bit that plugs into the PS2 (Not the power cord) is leading to nothing, should it just connect straight to the screens?

Sorry if this is all abit **** wrote.

Any help appreciated!

Andy

Sounds weird but unplug the power supply from ps2 then back in several times power invertors are crap ive got 3 and the power control unit on all ov them goes potty so thats probebly the problem it cant get the rite output but once its got it it will be fixed every time you plug it bk in.