vw radio code

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
nickpolo
Gold Member

vw radio code

Post by nickpolo »

hi guys,

my car was serviced by my local garage and now i need the radio code.
it being the weekend and all, i doubt i have much chance of getting a radio code from the dealers, are they all the same? can someone get it for me? what details do you need?

its a 51plate red 5door gti

thanks

nick
tom_mk5
Silver Member

Post by tom_mk5 »

As far as i'm aware no-one else other than the VW dealer can get this for you. They need the serial code to send off the HQ which will then determine your radio code. This is what I had to do to get mine. Was free of charge and only took them 2 hours to get back to me once they had the serial code of the unit.

Not sure though, someone on here might be able to help if they've got some kind of calculator?
nickpolo
Gold Member

Post by nickpolo »

please don't tell me i'm gonna have to pull the radio out to get the serial?

do they not have it on file or anything?

thanks
mikegti
Silver Member

Post by mikegti »

its not difficult!

if they wont take it out for you, then they should at least lend you some keys to do it yourself...
hot_polo
Bronze Member

Post by hot_polo »

i didnt think u need the radio code, doesnt the ecu have this stored so you wouldnt need it in the same car?? :?
pettsy

Post by pettsy »

hot_polo wrote:i didnt think u need the radio code, doesnt the ecu have this stored so you wouldnt need it in the same car?? :?
correct. if its the same radio from the same car, then just turn it on and it shows SAFE....leave it for a while and it automatically clears the security code!