audi tt 225bhp engine

Chat about your MKIII (86C) inc GT/G40 Polo
projecteuro
New

audi tt 225bhp engine

Post by projecteuro »

i have plans to place an audi tt 225bhp engine in a polo coupe along with the quattro too. and tuning it upto 350bhp. which means around 425bhp per tonne. yes please.

what do you think people
polo2k
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by polo2k »

cool if youve got a pilots licence but shell turn like a boat afterweards
Speedlaw

Post by Speedlaw »

Good plan. Be prepared for some major headaches and a hole in your pocket the size of JLo's rear. If I had a lot of cash lying around, this is what'I'd do.
projecteuro
New

Post by projecteuro »

i don't have the money at the mo, but i plan to try and get sponsorships or raise the money someway or another.

it won't turen like a boat as it will be four wheel drive. and i will have very wide wheels on. as i'll be planning to have around 350bhp on it. :D
polo2k

Post by polo2k »

projecteuro wrote:i don't have the money at the mo, but i plan to try and get sponsorships or raise the money someway or another.

it won't turen like a boat as it will be four wheel drive. and i will have very wide wheels on. as i'll be planning to have around 350bhp on it. :D
sorry to brake it to you fella but the engine will make a very nose heavy car which will mean the understeer will be a huge problem and also to do the 4mo you will need to mod the floor pan for the propshaft, and get a custom propshaft oh and all other drive shafts shortened etc it will be a huge head ache
wide wheels are all well and good but if you go too wide then you will REDUCE grip as the contact patch increaces then the pressure exurted upon that patch reduces meanuing there is less weight per inch pushing you into the road. the other problem wopuld be heating up the tyres (excluding burnouts) because a cold tyre dosent grip (watch f1 on caution laps as they swerve all over to keep the tyres hot and the tyre warmers too) as the rubber is too soft* ant if you fit super soft rubber you might get cold grip but then they will heat up faster and then overheat.

if you do it then i will give you mad props and it will be an awsome machine

* to demonstrate the tyre pressure and heating rub the tips of 2 fingers together with reasonable force, your finger tis get hot. now ,with the same pressure, rub your hands together, it dosent get as hot and if it does then it takes a lot longer
Speedlaw

Post by Speedlaw »

Here's a tip: Lower the back more than the front. Look at the Lupo cup cars, a rear end that's lower means the center of gravity is shifted away from the nose. May help.

The car will be truly awesome though!
polo2k

Post by polo2k »

unfortunatly thought (again sorry) this will cause the car to become unstable at high speed (and a car like this will see a lot of that) due to the ait forced under the car : :(
Speedlaw

Post by Speedlaw »

Right, good point that. Well I did mean even it out, at 60/60 or something similar. That should sort it out 8)
polo2k

Post by polo2k »

yeah a 60/60 would prolly work but the full length belly pan might do some wierd things :(
i think if you do this it might be a little faster with all the interior in etc because you should be able to get more traction