Fuel prices

Non-VW related chat - Moderated
James0121
Bronze Member

Fuel prices

Post by James0121 »

How much do they want to charge. Just been listening to the radio and heard there are going to be fuel protests next week unless the price is brought down. In some areas of the country its 103.9 per ltr for unleaded :shock:

Just a bit high now dont we think :?:
GroovyCarrot
Sponsor

Post by GroovyCarrot »

103.9? That's cheap. It's 107p for regular unleaded at my local Esso..
About time someone organised a protest really.. obviously we can't help the fact that oil prices are rising due to instability in the middle east etc, but the government has far more control over the price of petrol than the oil companies do.. about time they did something about it really.
Tahrey1043
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: Birmingham! Enjoys: The pseudo-G-Smiles provided by a 1.6 Megane Sport valver...

Post by Tahrey1043 »

maybe everyone but essential medical staff, and retail assistants who live within walking distance of work should take a week off in protest at not being able to affordably travel to their place of employment...

that'd put quite a dent in the tax flow and give them cause for thought (and maybe employ a basic economic model known as the cost-revenue curve*)
plus i could cycle into work and not have worry about being killed on the slower hills or by fumes

after all, an average office jockey could happily telecommute ... all they mainly centralise for these days is the social contact

* ok, its been a long, long time since i decided that keystage 3 was far enough and i didnt want to do economics GCSE, but im sure anyone who got as far as the exam should have a basic grasp of what i mean there
dubpolo
Sponsor

Post by dubpolo »

Tahrey1043 wrote:maybe everyone but essential medical staff, and retail assistants who live within walking distance of work should take a week off in protest at not being able to affordably travel to their place of employment...

that'd put quite a dent in the tax flow and give them cause for thought (and maybe employ a basic economic model known as the cost-revenue curve*)
plus i could cycle into work and not have worry about being killed on the slower hills or by fumes

after all, an average office jockey could happily telecommute ... all they mainly centralise for these days is the social contact

* ok, its been a long, long time since i decided that keystage 3 was far enough and i didnt want to do economics GCSE, but im sure anyone who got as far as the exam should have a basic grasp of what i mean there
I live next door to an oil refinery and the fuel prices are still £101 for optimax!

What the government need to do is cap the tax, and hopefully it will slow this down, oil is $70 a barrel at the mo.
metz

Post by metz »

Englands gone to the dogs :-(

If this happened in france the lorry drivers would blockade the country and the government would give in..we just shrug it off saying "what can we do about it"

the plan to get us off the roads is at stage one :-(

And we need to cap blair nevermind tax...if i get diagnosed with some uncureable disease please someone take me and my rucksack to his house :-D
razvwpolo
Getting There!

Post by razvwpolo »

fuel is only 89.9 in my area so i guess thats cheap then
Mk2Adam
Platinum Member

Post by Mk2Adam »

:roll: 95p minimum in my area at the moment, does anyone remember what price it got to before the lorry drivers did the blockades last time?
SpikeyG40

Post by SpikeyG40 »

i bought petrol for 96.9p on tuesday! i thought that was pritty cheep!

james, there's aparently the Asda fuel station in canterbury still have petrol for under 90p! that was in the daily miror yesturday! thats the closest to me too!
A11XLG
New

Post by A11XLG »

they are giving out on my local radio station about the petrol ban next week and how it could start at the weekend so i;ve just gone and filled up at tesco (96.9p)
It's so silly and outragous, last time this happened wasn't it morrisons that lowered there petrol first????
PhilGTi
Platinum Member

Post by PhilGTi »

We can whine all day about fuel prices but at the end of the day its gunna keep going up and id still drive even if it cost £2. No fuckin way would i get a bus now...
mysteryboy

Post by mysteryboy »

Prices are a joke but not a funny one.

Like the guy above said tho... no matter how much it rises no way would i stop driving. its not about getting on no bus.

PS. did u know bus fare is £1.20 nowadays... hahaha
PhilGTi
Platinum Member

Post by PhilGTi »

PS. did u know bus fare is £1.20 nowadays... hahaha
I got the bus into town the other day to pick my car up, maybe 4 miles away and it cost me £1.70... f*****g rip off, also, buses are f*****g full of weird people and old people :?
mysteryboy

Post by mysteryboy »

lol... kids jumpin about.. smelly ppl etc etc
polopowah
Location: Hertfordshire Drives: Ford Puma 1.7 Enjoys: Mowing grass

Post by polopowah »

GroovyCarrot wrote:103.9? That's cheap. It's 107p for regular unleaded at my local Esso..
About time someone organised a protest really.. obviously we can't help the fact that oil prices are rising due to instability in the middle east etc, but the government has far more control over the price of petrol than the oil companies do.. about time they did something about it really.

REALLY!!!!

Come fill up in Buntingford mate, 91.4 at time of going to press :D

-Ben-
Alex_6n2
Gold Member

Post by Alex_6n2 »

i filled up for 96.9p per ltr over at my local

apparently as well as this protest thats gna happen the best way to lower petrol prices is to NOT buy petrol from big companies

stick to small independants or at worst places like TESCO if u can