What a fantastic weekend...

Non-VW related chat - Moderated
GaryUK
Gold Member

What a fantastic weekend...

Post by GaryUK »

... i'm having!

My work have managed to get me a brand new gti for the weekend to reward me for all my hard work! And they are paying for the fuel too (£70.00 and counting lol). 8)

Heres a pic:

[img]http://gary_sproston.users.btopenworld.com/polofsi/gti.jpg[/img]

It's so impressive, I love the looks, performance and noise it makes! Definitely going to beg, steal and borrow to own one now! :D I just love the look of the 18's, it's also got the 6 cd centre arm rest but no xenons.

It's going to be hard going back to the polo though!

:P
pettsy

Post by pettsy »

mmmmmmmm, love it 8) :D
Si_GTi

Post by Si_GTi »

Wish I had a Golf GTI for the weekend :twisted:

You'll be off to N. Wales tomorrow then, there's some damn good roads there :wink:

Nice one fella.
GaryUK
Gold Member

Post by GaryUK »

Yeah tomorrow I'll go for an extended drive, really test out the handling! Had it since Thursday actually, I could get used to this noise and power! :twisted:
Tahrey1043
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: Birmingham! Enjoys: The pseudo-G-Smiles provided by a 1.6 Megane Sport valver...

Post by Tahrey1043 »

lincolnshires pretty good as well, and the regions just east of brum are similar but without the crazy amount of enforcement there or in north wales.. ;)

not that much further down the mway and you can give it some stick on the toll road :D
ModifiedMadness
Sponsor

Post by ModifiedMadness »

GaryUK
Gold Member

Post by GaryUK »

The toll road sounds good! I might just see where the road takes me. 8)

I'll see if I can get the new polo gti when it comes out. :twisted:
dino
Sponsor

Post by dino »

Lucky git!

Looks lush
mysteryboy

Post by mysteryboy »

ohh, I could do with a gti now
DanDiesel
Sponsor

Post by DanDiesel »

hmmm got any jobs going where u work? :lol:
lucky git, i get at most a pat on the back for good work (if anything)
tom_mk5
Silver Member

Post by tom_mk5 »

8)
omicron
Gold Member

Post by omicron »

I'll just have to settle for the Company Mercedes :? [/url]
Tahrey1043
Location: Birmingham! Enjoys: The pseudo-G-Smiles provided by a 1.6 Megane Sport valver...

Post by Tahrey1043 »

That's why, if you're sensible, you'll use the car to it's fullest by getting maximum acceleration on the high visibility straights and then slowing down for the blind corners and tricky bits... test the handling on the more open A and B roads instead, where there are two well defined lanes and a centre stripe to keep inside of.
(oh and recce any potential thrash route first for bits that may surprise you - i learnt that lesson after one or two near-wipeouts on hidden dips, corners, junctions and what-have-you... and corners that turn out to be tighter radius and lower traction surface than first appearance)

The A5's pretty damn good even in a squashy sprung 1 litre, i must say - just beware of the traffic and slow down for the towns as the plod are out en masse for just that reason..
Si_GTi

Post by Si_GTi »

CymruPolo wrote:Listen, just because we have loads of back/country roads in North Wales doesn't mean you can come up here and drive how you want like you own the place. Understand please other people use the back roads and you can't just go flying around corners. I dunno how many people I had nearly coming head on into me in the summer. Idiots. And Clarkson can go away as well, "oh go to Wales no one's there". .

Rant over.

[edited by the toXXin tourettes remover]

Crikey, who said I was suggesting driving like a maniac?? All it is, is there are some fine roads up your way, in fact most of which don't require anything like high speeds to get some enjoyment out of. I've been up there many a time and I always stick to the rules of the road, no daredevil antics like cutting a straight line through a series of bends, or carrying far too much speed into a corner, just some enjoyable driving on some roads which are less likely to have a whole bunch of Sunday motorists on them pootling along at 45mph.
Tahrey1043 wrote:That's why, if you're sensible, you'll use the car to it's fullest by getting maximum acceleration on the high visibility straights and then slowing down for the blind corners and tricky bits... test the handling on the more open A and B roads instead, where there are two well defined lanes and a centre stripe to keep inside of.
^^ This I agree with most wholeheartedly. I'm not out to endanger other road users, just to have a nice drive through some fine scenery on some quieter roads :wink: