Well It's Bye-Bye Lexus And Hello.......................

Non-VW related chat - Moderated
waveydavey
Sponsor

Well It's Bye-Bye Lexus And Hello.......................

Post by waveydavey »

Civic Type-R :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

We went for a test drive for a couple of hours yesterday in a type-R and Loooved every minute of it.

Went on the Honda used car section of their website this morning and found a car just outside Sheffield at a dealers that was 6 months old and on sale @ 16000..... We thought it hadn't got A/C at first because of the price so we phoned them and had a drive over this afternoon. Yep it had aircon.... But..... The mileage on the website was wrong.... It said on the website that the mileage was 850 miles..... here's me thinking S**T it's gonna be 8500 or summink..... It's actually 450 (454 after we gave it a drive today!!!). Turns out it's the dealers demonstrator that has only been used for 5-mile demo runs AND they accompany all members of public on the run so the car ain't even bedded in yet!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

They also had a 55 plate 'new style' car with the ricaro seats and privacy glass for an extra £500 but the missus wanted a black car and the 55 plate was metallic grey. They're gettin' rid of them both cos of the end of production this last week or so.

So she struck a good deal for part-ex on the Lexus and signed up for the Type-R...... Picking it up next Friday once it's had front fogs fitted and all the paper works done.

I've already signed up on the CTR equivelant of uk-polos.net............... civictype-r.co.uk looks like a similar set-up to here anyway.

Here's a piccy of the car from the dealer website...........

First things she wants to get done are rear windows tinted, Philips blue vision bulbs in the headlights and silver vision in the front indicators and she's gonna put a private plate on it..... when she can find something she likes!!!!!

Will be sad to see the ol' Lexus go but can't wait for the Civic to arrive!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D

Cheers

Dave.
Last edited by waveydavey on Thu Nov 24, 2005 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
waveydavey
Sponsor

Post by waveydavey »

CymruPolo wrote:
Image - Class :P
Glad you like the wobble mate......... Got it off an Ice Hockey forum i'm a member of.

Cheers

Dave
waveydavey
Sponsor

Post by waveydavey »

CymruPolo wrote:
waveydavey wrote:
CymruPolo wrote:
Image - Class :P
Glad you like the wobble mate......... Got it off an Ice Hockey forum i'm a member of.

Cheers

Dave
I've got something similar with Nadine from Girl Aloud . . I'll upload it if you want?

Eh i'm always up for a bit of a wobbly chest :shock: :shock: :shock:

There was a PS1 game a few years ago..... Bit of a Tekken clone..... that had an option called 'wobble on / wobble off' took us days to work out what the option was...... Then realised it made all the female characters have unfeasably wobbly chests!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

That passed away a good few beer fueled evenings i can tell ya!!!!!

Cheers

Dave.
Si_GTi

Post by Si_GTi »

LOL :roll:

Nice CTR though :wink:
ModifiedMadness
Sponsor

Post by ModifiedMadness »

Nice car Davey
Petrified
Sponsor

Post by Petrified »

:lol:
Yeah nice car!
I had the pleasure of owning an 04 plate last year, you will not be dissapointed. IMO no other car car touch it for value.
Just take it easy with winter coming up, it will be a whole new beast in the spring. :D

:P to the stealers tho. Devils man me. :lol:

Oh and civictype-r.co.uk is seriously one of the best forums out there.
waveydavey
Sponsor

Post by waveydavey »

Petrified wrote::lol:

Hey you're nearly as bad as the Panthers tho with the ex Steelers in the team..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tried out the ol' vtec when we had the other demo car for the afternoon on Monday....... The kick as you hit 6000 rpm was unreal!!!!! it's like havin' two cars, a normal nippy run-about and then for when you're feelin' loopy a rather insane beast!!!!!

Been lookin on the civictype-r.co.uk forum and it is very similar to here..... sections for was that you, members cars piccies, etc....... even has a section for stolen cars which i think is a good idea..... basically for if you get your car nicked or for people to put on if they think they've maybe seen a reported stolen car etc.....

Up the Steelers

Cheers

Dave.
Tahrey1043
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: Birmingham! Enjoys: The pseudo-G-Smiles provided by a 1.6 Megane Sport valver...

Post by Tahrey1043 »

"Dead or Alive" was the game, videogame shop retro bargain-bin hunt fans!

(actually, DoA2 i think, on Dreamcast/PS2?)

that comes of having a brother who seemingly has a satellite uplink for game news & downloads, army of crack programmers, cdr burning factory and an eprom flashing station in his back pocket... and a dirty mind :D
ModifiedMadness
Sponsor

Post by ModifiedMadness »

waveydavey wrote:
Petrified wrote::lol:

Hey you're nearly as bad as the Panthers tho with the ex Steelers in the team..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tried out the ol' vtec when we had the other demo car for the afternoon on Monday....... The kick as you hit 6000 rpm was unreal!!!!! it's like havin' two cars, a normal nippy run-about and then for when you're feelin' loopy a rather insane beast!!!!!

Been lookin on the civictype-r.co.uk forum and it is very similar to here..... sections for was that you, members cars piccies, etc....... even has a section for stolen cars which i think is a good idea..... basically for if you get your car nicked or for people to put on if they think they've maybe seen a reported stolen car etc.....

Up the Steelers

Cheers

Dave.
There's a forum I use that helped someone get their car back when it was stolen, got it back within a day or two I think. Forum's are a good thing!
inder
Platinum Member

Post by inder »

I was one of them, wobble wobble
M@Turner
Platinum Member

Post by M@Turner »

Good choice of car the CTR. My brother let me borrow his for a week about 2 year ago now and the experience of driving that car was unreal. You'll have to keep an eye out for him around Chapeltown. His is a 52 plate with a aftermarket exhaust and japanese decals under the wing mirrors. Its black and the decal says Silky. He's a member of civictype-r.co.uk and his user name is Silkmeister.

I'll keep a look out for you cruising about. :wink:

Mat