VW Polo - Fitting Factory fit alarm help

Discuss In Car Electronics / Electrical Systems - use with caution!
Blackone
New

VW Polo - Fitting Factory fit alarm help

Post by Blackone »

Hi,

I've recently been given a brand new VW polo factory fit alarm, only trouble is it doesn't come with any installation instructions. I've got the users manual though, but thats a fat lot of good if i can't get it fitted!

The genuine part number is 998 VAG 177 1118Polo.

Can anyone let me know where i might get a copy of the install instructions? As its the standard genuine VW one it comes with all the multiplugs etc, just got to find where to stick em!

I've got a MarkIV 1998 Polo 1.4CL, better just check it fits this model as well if anyone knows?

Thanks for anyones help that they are able to give.
MR_TOAD
New

Re: VW Polo - Fitting Factory fit alarm help

Post by MR_TOAD »

Blackone wrote:Hi,

I've recently been given a brand new VW polo factory fit alarm, only trouble is it doesn't come with any installation instructions. I've got the users manual though, but thats a fat lot of good if i can't get it fitted!

The genuine part number is 998 VAG 177 1118Polo.

Can anyone let me know where i might get a copy of the install instructions? As its the standard genuine VW one it comes with all the multiplugs etc, just got to find where to stick em!

I've got a MarkIV 1998 Polo 1.4CL, better just check it fits this model as well if anyone knows?

Thanks for anyones help that they are able to give.

Not to sure on that one i presume it is a scorpion as they made them at that time

The wires should be colour coded to match vw wires

give me a list of all wires and i will have a look for you

Ian
Blackone
New

Post by Blackone »

Hi,

Yes it is a scorpion alarm. I contacted them, but they wont release the instructions, for security reasons as they say its dealer fit only.

As far as wirining goes, if you can shed any light that would be great:

This alarm is suppled as new, none of the wires have been unbundelled (which helps keep things together and identify things)

Alarm siren. To be mounted under bonnet? left or right as you look at the car?

Has two wires (one red, one black) coming out to a male 4 pin multiplug (has yellow rubber gasket on it). I have a corresponing female plug but this only has one blue wire connected (which doesn't match up to either of the wires from the siren and has no connector on the end)
On the main wiring loom from the control box there is a long loom (presumably to reach to under the boonet which has four wires at the end which will slot into the above connector (wire colours are red, brown,orange, orange and white)

so main controller box (code GM 1218wGA) Is this box mounted to the passenger footwell?

As this is a genuine alarm i'm guessing that the wiring looms coming from this are cut to size with correct connectors on?

I can work out the wires that goto the ultrasonic detectors, and the wires that goto the touch key / led light, or if you don't want this function (as i already have a chipped key) wires straight to seperate LED light.

I have a red and also a brown wire with ring connectors on the end so i presume these go direct to the battery?

Now comes all the complicated bits!!:

thick purple wire in loom with purple / black wire. Loom is heat shielded and quite long (goes behind heater matrix to other side of car?

white / brown wire. Has three terminal connectors along its length. first is yellow female, second is just metal terminal (there were additional plastic clip connectors in the kit to add to these) and at the end of the line is a yellow male

thick red/black wire with red female connector on the end

thick red/black wire with metal terminal (waiting for plastic connector)

green/black with red female connector on the end with additional green/black wire coming out the end with metal terminal (waiting for plastic connector)

same as above but just black wire

grey wire and also a green wire going into a black female plastic connector. from the connector is a further grey and also a green wire with metal terminals on the end. These will only fit in one of the additional spare male plastic connectors, and this connector only fits into the female connectors on this wire (has a locator on the connector) Guess this just loops through an existing terminal

black/white wire with red female plastic connector on the end. black/white wire coming out the connector with metal terminal (waiting for plastic connector)

white wire with small red bullet connector on the end

blue/yellow wire no connector on the end

i also have a long loom (black sheath with brown/white wire underneath)
this has yellow plastic female one end, and on the other, a yellow plastic female with wire coming out the end with metal terminal (waiting for plastic connector) - is this for bonnet sensor?

finally two wires that wire ire tied together, both black on has yellow male one end and black female other. other wire is yellow female one end with metal terminal (waiting for plastic connector) the other.

Thats about it really!!!

Could really do with the install instructions whihc i guess must be on some VW database somewhere. Either that or i need a polo that has one of these fitted, so that i can trace and map where the wires go.

Thanks for any advice, if i can get most of the way there i might go for the install. Worst case scenario would be to fit all this and then bugger up the ingnition immobilisor thats on there and it never start again!
MR_TOAD
New

Post by MR_TOAD »

Blackone wrote:Hi,

Yes it is a scorpion alarm. I contacted them, but they wont release the instructions, for security reasons as they say its dealer fit only.

As far as wirining goes, if you can shed any light that would be great:

This alarm is suppled as new, none of the wires have been unbundelled (which helps keep things together and identify things)

Alarm siren. To be mounted under bonnet? left or right as you look at the car?

Has two wires (one red, one black) coming out to a male 4 pin multiplug (has yellow rubber gasket on it). I have a corresponing female plug but this only has one blue wire connected (which doesn't match up to either of the wires from the siren and has no connector on the end)
On the main wiring loom from the control box there is a long loom (presumably to reach to under the boonet which has four wires at the end which will slot into the above connector (wire colours are red, brown,orange, orange and white)

so main controller box (code GM 1218wGA) Is this box mounted to the passenger footwell?

As this is a genuine alarm i'm guessing that the wiring looms coming from this are cut to size with correct connectors on?

I can work out the wires that goto the ultrasonic detectors, and the wires that goto the touch key / led light, or if you don't want this function (as i already have a chipped key) wires straight to seperate LED light.

I have a red and also a brown wire with ring connectors on the end so i presume these go direct to the battery?

Now comes all the complicated bits!!:

thick purple wire in loom with purple / black wire. Loom is heat shielded and quite long (goes behind heater matrix to other side of car?

white / brown wire. Has three terminal connectors along its length. first is yellow female, second is just metal terminal (there were additional plastic clip connectors in the kit to add to these) and at the end of the line is a yellow male

thick red/black wire with red female connector on the end

thick red/black wire with metal terminal (waiting for plastic connector)

green/black with red female connector on the end with additional green/black wire coming out the end with metal terminal (waiting for plastic connector)

same as above but just black wire

grey wire and also a green wire going into a black female plastic connector. from the connector is a further grey and also a green wire with metal terminals on the end. These will only fit in one of the additional spare male plastic connectors, and this connector only fits into the female connectors on this wire (has a locator on the connector) Guess this just loops through an existing terminal

black/white wire with red female plastic connector on the end. black/white wire coming out the connector with metal terminal (waiting for plastic connector)

white wire with small red bullet connector on the end

blue/yellow wire no connector on the end

i also have a long loom (black sheath with brown/white wire underneath)
this has yellow plastic female one end, and on the other, a yellow plastic female with wire coming out the end with metal terminal (waiting for plastic connector) - is this for bonnet sensor?

finally two wires that wire ire tied together, both black on has yellow male one end and black female other. other wire is yellow female one end with metal terminal (waiting for plastic connector) the other.

Thats about it really!!!

Could really do with the install instructions whihc i guess must be on some VW database somewhere. Either that or i need a polo that has one of these fitted, so that i can trace and map where the wires go.

Thanks for any advice, if i can get most of the way there i might go for the install. Worst case scenario would be to fit all this and then bugger up the ingnition immobilisor thats on there and it never start again!
Where are you

Ian
Blackone
New

Post by Blackone »

Based in Hertfordshire. Have you fitted one of these alarms before? Was it a pain?
MR_TOAD
New

Post by MR_TOAD »

Blackone wrote:Based in Hertfordshire. Have you fitted one of these alarms before? Was it a pain?
I have fitted them in the passed but gone on ok will try and get you a fitting instructions

can you PM you address and will send you a copy
Blackone
New

Post by Blackone »

Hi,

That would be great if you can pass on the details. I'm pretty competant at fitting alarms (was a mechanic for about 15 years) but i like to just mull over the wiring diagrams / instructions before embarking on stripping things out and re-wiring things

cheers for any help